SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

It’ll be tomorrow. 

What, the Canes need to sleep on it another night, lol?  Genuinely curious—with the Canes officially announcing multiple other college signings—just wondering why Blake hasn’t been announced yet.  Especially as a Hobey Hat Trick finalist with the last year for the Canes to sign him before he hits FA.

Should have been a done deal by now, right?

Hope he rejects the full court press like LaDue after the 2015 season.

2 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

What, the Canes need to sleep on it another night, lol?  Genuinely curious—with the Canes officially announcing multiple other college signings—just wondering why Blake hasn’t been announced yet.  Especially as a Hobey Hat Trick finalist with the last year for the Canes to sign him before he hits FA.

Should have been a done deal by now, right?

Hope he rejects the full court press like LaDue after the 2015 season.

From what I understand the deal is done and sounds like has been signed. They will announce it tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

From what I understand the deal is done and sounds like has been signed. They will announce it tomorrow. 

You’re probably right. 

Wishful thinking on my part for the next 12 hours …

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Maybe don’t have an offensive superstar, but we probably will be a bit better defensively, and a little harder to play against.  Rather than the power play running through Blake, they’ll need to whip the puck around a little faster to get those cross ice openings for some one timers from Berg and Perron.  Hopefully Perron recognizes this as an opportunity for him to be the man on the power play, and to be more of a trigger man period with his shot.

Agree. There were times when it felt like guys were just watching and Blake would try to do too much.  I think part of the late swoon was that teams had figured out our power play and we didn't adjust quickly enough. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Lol. Duluth and Notre Dame’s first game winning goals were waived off against UND in 2021 and 2022, respectively. Both teams literally had to score 2 game winning goals each to beat UND in the NCAAs.

In back-to-back seasons. 

If UND only got more favorable bounces in the NCAAs!

But neither were goals? I get what you're saying, but both were not goals and both calls were changed correctly.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Maybe Strathman can talk Whitelaw into transferring to UND as well.

Whitelaw would be a nice pickup.  I remember him standing out with his forecheck when we played UW in the early season.  He was a little sparkplug.
Plus that would have the added benefit of balancing out the forward classes a bit, as he could join Perron in the SO class.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

But neither were goals? I get what you're saying, but both were not goals and both calls were changed correctly.

Of course they weren’t goals, lol.  Obviously Duluth and Notre Dame didn’t beat UND 4-2 and 3-1 those games.  But Duluth and Notre Dame still won, right?

The topic was luck, fortune, or “bounces” (as you put it).  Duluth was offsides, but it was immaterial to the goal that was waived off. And the Irish player put the puck in the net, but it fortunately went in less than a second after the final horn blew. 

Luck, fortune, and “bounces” (as some people put it) for UND.

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Whitelaw would be a nice pickup.  I remember him standing out with his forecheck when we played UW in the early season.  He was a little sparkplug.
Plus that would have the added benefit of balancing out the forward classes a bit, as he could join Perron in the SO class.

This is who I wanted to target to replace Blake when I first heard he hit the portal. He was Wisconsin's best player in the Quinnipiac game and really stood out to me. Hope we are after him as he would be a nice replacement. I would think we need at least one more maybe two portal forwards depending on if they bring in Littler or not. 

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If your expectation is natty or bust you’re in for more pain than joy no matter who your team is. 

According to some that’s the standard. 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, .357 said:

Playing in front of the best & most numerous fans in hockey-crazed GF and the best college rink in America wasn't enough to sway his decision. Nor did UND's "culture" or tradition win him over. I think it highlights that he trusts Carle more than the UND staff to get him to the next level. I don't blame him, it sounds like he made a practical decision based on comparisons between the two schools over the last 6-7 years: one coach excels in the regular season; the other, the playoffs. If I were his advisor & not a complete UND homer like I am now, I would have also tried to steer him towards DU. Future head-to-head battles w/ DU over star players may play out the same way as Pohlkamp if Berry doesn't fix his mindset & start bringing home some titles. The precedent has been set.

You forget that Pohlkamp played in the World Juniors this year with Carle as the coach. So, he knows Carle and played defense with Zeev Buium while he was there. So pretty easy to go someplace when you became familiar with the coach and know what to expect. 

3 minutes ago, Stack said:

You forget that Pohlkamp played in the World Juniors this year with Carle as the coach. So, he knows Carle and played defense with Zeev Buium while he was there. So pretty easy to go someplace when you became familiar with the coach and know what to expect. 

KG, US team overseas last summer, how we got Heil. Same thing only different. 

1997-2016: 20 seasons, 11 frozen four appearances, and 3 titles  

2017-2024: 8 seasons, 0 frozen four appearances, and 0 titles  

Is North Dakota’s national tournament performances trending in the right or wrong direction here?

Hell, for two consecutive decades between ‘97-16, UND would more often than not being playing in the frozen four.  Now, we’re closing in a decade without even making it.

4 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Is North Dakota’s national tournament performances trending in the right or wrong direction here?

Hell, for two consecutive decades between ‘97-16, UND would more often than not being playing in the frozen four.  Now, we’re closing in a decade without even making it.

Berry can’t hack it. Everyone knows. Give it a rest.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

interesting choice of years, why 97?  why not 88?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gino/Blais/Hak: 37 seasons, 5 titles, 13.5%
Berry: 9 seasons, 1 title, 11.1% 

gino and blais only had 3 executive chefs, 5 ping pong tables,  and the underwater treadmills for maybe 4 years combined.

Know someone that ran into a fairly intoxicated Berg this wkd(good for him, deserves to let off steam) and his friend with him said he's going to the NHL.  Now I don't know if his friend is a super reliable source so take it FWIW maybe she misunderstood that he going to the NHL eventually?