SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well not the total total nightmare 

UMtc beats BU and then that field send me to drinkinville till October

And not happy fun summer drinkin' either.

Sad lonely frank Gallagher  homemade vodka style drinkin

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well not the total total nightmare 

UMtc beats BU and then that field send me to drinkinville till October

And not happy fun summer drinkin' either.

Sad lonely frank Gallagher  homemade vodka style drinkin

I have no problem with Bobby n the gophers. He seems like a good dude and I absolutely respect and appreciate that program and our rivalry/history. 

13 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I don’t really get all the bitterness. This could be a fantastic Frozen Four. A ton of talent.

Yeah, I wish UND was there, but as a college hockey fan this beats the crap out of an RIT, QU, Cornell, WMU Frozen Four.

This has already been a good tournament to watch, and it should be an excellent FF.  Just so much talent.  

10 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Literally one of my worst nightmares for the Frozen 4.  I hate every team.  

This was my frozen 4 bracket.  Agree I hate all 4.  I think they all feel the same about UND.  with all the NCAA battles of the past, it is what it is.  Should be a great frozen 4. Just sucks that a Boston school or someone hanging  10 will win it all this year.

2 minutes ago, nd jg said:

This was my frozen 4 bracket.  Agree I hate all 4.  I think they all feel the same about UND.  with all the NCAA battles of the past, it is what it is.  Should be a great frozen 4. Just sucks that a Boston school or someone hanging  10 will win it all this year.

Yes we are certainly hated - You have to earn that honor and its a distinction 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

What’s with the whole “10” thing. Is it like playground basketball, game over, disband college hockey has a sport?

If a team reaches 10 titles, UND is going to be further from the top of college hockeys national title winners

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

If a team reaches 10 titles, UND is going to be further from the top of college hockeys national title winners

This is why I am (gulp) cheering for Boston at the frozen four.  I long for the day where I can say that North Dakota has the most championships of all time in college hockey. Don’t want to go 2 back to a Michigan or Denver.

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I wonder what is in David Carle’s secret sauce that UND seems to be lacking? Anything Berry & Co. can learn from Denver? Opening Pandora’s box to replies with this one…

We folded like a cheap suit after 2 periods.  Not sure what lesson Berry needs to learn but I hope he learns it fast.  With a Frozen Four berth on the line I would have thought we would come out with fire - especially after a two period lead.  This happens too much to Berry's teams for it to be chance or bad bounces.  Winners do better under pressure.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish said:

We folded like a cheap suit after 2 periods.  Not sure what lesson Berry needs to learn but I hope he learns it fast.  With a Frozen Four berth on the line I would have thought we would come out with fire - especially after a two period lead.  This happens too much to Berry's teams for it to be chance or bad bounces.  Winners do better under pressure.

Michigan did the same thing to MSU (although they were tied after two).  UM scored a combined 7 third period goals against UND & MSU.  That's crazy.
I just can't believe that there wasn't much of a "push" from UND until after Kunz scored to bring us back to within one.

6 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Talent. We are losing the recruiting battle. 

That’s the easy answer. Not sure it’s entirely accurate. I just watched a less talented QU scare the crap out of a super talented BC and almost bounced them from this years tournament. That truly was a bounce going one way to advance BC. Talent is good but it isn’t everything. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Irish said:

Wasn't UND's record 20-0 when leading after two periods this year?   Seems like their protect-a-lead strategy has been perfect.  I'm confused (again). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, crb1 said:

That’s the easy answer. Not sure it’s entirely accurate. I just watched a less talented QU scare the crap out of a super talented BC and almost bounced them from this years tournament. That truly was a bounce going one way to advance BC. Talent is good but it isn’t everything. 

Q has a rigorous training schedule, and is obviously better coached. Idk man.

12 hours ago, brianvf said:

Michigan did the same thing to MSU (although they were tied after two).  UM scored a combined 7 third period goals against UND & MSU.  That's crazy.
I just can't believe that there wasn't much of a "push" from UND until after Kunz scored to bring us back to within one.

bubs too busy doing whole sale line changes with possession of the puck in the o zone with 4 minutes left

2 hours ago, burd said:

Wasn't UND's record 20-0 when leading after two periods this year?   

As soon as I saw that graphic I heard the sound of a big ol' smootch from Death. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

As soon as I saw that graphic I heard the sound of a big ol' smootch from Death. 

as soon as i saw how sweaty bubs forehead was and hard he was breathing thru his mouth at the start of the 3rd....i knew.

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and losing badly

Yeah Swanson, Boisvert and Emery are turds… 2 projected first rounders and the current G/PG leader in the USHL… If Bubs could only win recruiting battles… 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Yeah Swanson, Boisvert and Emery are turds… 2 projected first rounders and the current G/PG leader in the USHL… If Bubs could only win recruiting battles… 

And yet Denver is going to the Frozen Four again not us.  If it's not recruiting that only leaves one other thing.

• Like 2