SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Omaha 3/10 8:30PM

All we need now is for the hockey team loose playoff game they should win now going forth in the playoffs. I hate to say it, but this is going to be very disappointing year lost playoff game in football, come out of Summit tournament 0-2 for basketball, and way this year is going same thing for hockey. This year so far, we only have had men's basketball and hockey with winning records and now with the basketball team losing in opening round of the Summit tournament it has turned in to losing season. The remaining sports except hockey our records look like were going to be in the bottom of the conference. I long for the days when UND was top conference in basketball, football, and hockey and had some success in other sports.

• Upvote 1

Team was very poorly prepared for what to do if Omaha scored. There was still 3.2 seconds left, you should be able to quickly get it to half court and get a timeout and have enough time to get a realistic shot chance. Instead the only plan looks like they were hoping Omaha would miss. After the made shot the clock doesn’t start till the ball is touched. So we toss it in about three feet from the baseline and hope he can hit a running half court shot. Great strategy, great coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Team was very poorly prepared for what to do if Omaha scored. There was still 3.2 seconds left, you should be able to quickly get it to half court and get a timeout and have enough time to get a realistic shot chance. Instead the only plan looks like they were hoping Omaha would miss. After the made shot the clock doesn’t start till the ball is touched. So we toss it in about three feet from the baseline and hope he can hit a running half court shot. Great strategy, great coaching. 

He blew last timeout I think after they called their timeout

5 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Yep, I was wondering what they were doing there. 

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I think he still had another. Thought he had 2 when that one was called. 

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

Whether they had any timeouts or not, the worst play you can make there with 3 seconds left is exactly what they did. Not prepared for game situations. That’s on the coaching staff. They had all season to prepare the team for various scenarios and in a playoff game with the season on the line you blew it. 

6 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Is Tyree done? Anyone know his eligibility status? Just don’t remember.

Lose Tsotne, Brady, Tyree?

Cupboard not bare if you get BJ back. With Treysen, Amar, Eli….

I believe Tyree has one more season. 

9 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Is Tyree done? Anyone know his eligibility status? Just don’t remember.

Lose Tsotne, Brady, Tyree?

Cupboard not bare if you get BJ back. With Treysen, Amar, Eli….

BJ will be gone

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

BJ will be gone

I agree, bj along with brooks, Matthew’s and Deng will  be gone.  Trey, Amar and king will stay.  Good core back next year 

King had a tough charge.  However, for the last 3 minutes we had no penetration from anyone else.  He was at least trying to create something instead of just wasting clock.  We sat around outside and allowed them to force us to the perimeter and take shots at the end of the shot clock that we really didn’t want to take.  Played not to lose instead of playing to win.  Classic coaching mistake with a lead.  Worry more about the shot clock than the opportunity to score.  We didn’t score in the last 2 1/2 minutes as a result.  That and a few lucky breaks on rebounds and that was the game.  Credit Fidler.  He made huge shots down the stretch when he needed to.  We did not do a good job of getting the right defenders on him in the last 5 minutes, but they had a lot to do with that as well…. That was our game to finish out.  We just didn’t do it.  Unfortunate because I think the tournament was shaping up nicely for us.  I had way more concerns with KC than Denver, but we will never know now….

• Upvote 1

Just now, ND1 said:

I agree, bj along with brooks, Matthew’s and Deng will  be gone.  Trey, Amar and king will stay.  Good core back next year 

Tyree might go play ball overseas 

Took some time off from the forum until the season was over. Unfortunately, the season is already over.

Really nice regular season. Too bad we can't win when it actually matters. 

Another big game that our coach loses for us. Why am I not surprised?

All eyes are on BJ Omot and Tyree Ihenacho now.

Not calling a timeout at the end is bonkers. Not doubling Frankie is bonkers. We would have steamrolled Denver tonight. So frustrating. 

Now we wait for the inevitable, “BJ Omot has entered the transfer portal”. 

• Upvote 2