SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

25 minutes ago, homer said:

What is wrong with hoping they don’t find success.  Support the hell out of them while wearing Green and White, they are like any other player when they choose to leave.  

Never said anything was wrong with it, just was giving my perspective and opinion. I appreciate the time the players gave to UND, I dont gain anything from players leaving and failing. When they leave and succeed it at least looks good for the program in the fact we recruited and signed a talent player. I have no ill will towards most of the players that have left and dont hold a grudge. I’m not trying to tell anyone how to be a fan, just my perspective. It could be right, wrong or somewhere in the middle.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

What is wrong with hoping 18-22 year old kids don’t find success?? What are we doing??? 

Support via tickets, scholarships, facilities and now NIL.  Develop them when no one else will and the give them a high five when they leave to go some where else??

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Never said anything was wrong with it, just was giving my perspective and opinion. I appreciate the time the players gave to UND, I dont gain anything from players leaving and failing. When they leave and succeed it at least looks good for the program in the fact we recruited and signed a talent player. I have no ill will towards most of the players that have left and dont hold a grudge. I’m not trying to tell anyone how to be a fan, just my perspective. It could be right, wrong or somewhere in the middle.

A few of you speak more highly of the players that leave than ones that have stayed for 5 years

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The NCAA is totally behind the 8 ball now days. I don’t like the current scenario. I’ve always supported the Grad Transfer. If you have earned your degree, you deserve to move on to greener pastures. The situation like the safety from Louisville that portals in and then enters again without playing a season is where I draw the line. The flip side is we don’t know if the coaches are telling players to move on. 

2 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

The NCAA is totally behind the 8 ball now days. I don’t like the current scenario. I’ve always supported the Grad Transfer. If you have earned your degree, you deserve to move on to greener pastures. The situation like the safety from Louisville that portals in and then enters again without playing a season is where I draw the line. The flip side is we don’t know if the coaches are telling players to move on. 

At this point who cares, coaches can cut anyone they want and should. In-season, out of season, see ya.  Players quit in season all the time so they save a year of eligibility in FB.  

10 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Wow…..there are certainly some wild statements being thrown out today!! Crazy how some people think

Really? What do find to be so wild and who's crazy? Maybe an issue of priorities. My interest/support/allegiance is with the school and program. No ill will toward any player, but the transfer portal has not been a good development for schools in mid-majors or the FCS.   Given unlimited transfers and the significant number of football portal entries who never find another team, it doesn't seem particularly negative to speculate that, for many, portal entry may not deliver everything they are hoping for.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, McBuckets said:

Enough portal talk though, does anyone know who UND is looking at with the last scholarships? Any visits coming up? I saw they were talking to Luca Colceag a 6’9” forward from Eastern Florida 

Back to players. Watched the high lights of this kid.  100% improvement over TT in my opinion.   Plays inside and out. Nice looking 3 point shot.  What are our chances? Has he been here to visit ? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 7:25 PM, NewUndFan said:

Back to players. Watched the high lights of this kid.  100% improvement over TT in my opinion.   Plays inside and out. Nice looking 3 point shot.  What are our chances? Has he been here to visit ? 

Committed to Northern Colorado 

3 hours ago, McBuckets said:

Panoam will be a F’n Hawk

He committed...backed out... committed...backed out again... and then signed.. quite a rollercoaster 

Hopefully he is an asset to the squad.