UND @ CC - Saturday Revenge Game

cowboys5xsbs

-We didn't score the puck....

-We didn't stop the puck....

-We weren't physical enough...

-The lines weren't gelling....

-Our d zone sucked....

-The announcer was a moron....

-And I'm sure @Godsmack has officially turned into a CC fan....

Not a great weekend.  

UMN scored 10 goals against CC in a two game series in January.
UND scored 7 goals against CC in a four game season series.

So frustrating.  UND just can't beat this CC team this year.
CC is still certainly a bubble team for the NCAA's (got a nice jolt this weekend, for sure), but if they make the NCAA's I want nothing to do with them.
They have UND's number this year, and it's not even close.

• Upvote 3

Just now, SIOUXELEVENS said:

No way can UND keep this staff and keep letting this happen. 

We have about as weak of an AD as you can have. UND will not part ways with him even if things get worse. 

• Upvote 2

This team makes way too many mistakes and has too inconsistent goaltending to have any realistic chance to win a NC$$ championship. The runway to fix these problems is growing shorter and shorter. They need to make significant improvements in these areas and I frankly have no faith in this coaching staff to get it done. They can look like world beaters one game and the most inept mistake prone team in another.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

CC is still certainly a bubble team for the NCAA's (got a nice jolt this weekend, for sure), but if they make the NCAA's I want nothing to do with them.

And this Gopher group is one of the weaker scoring teams that Bob has had.

Berry Postgame:

-Their goalie won them the game.  Hats off.

-Effort was better.

-#Full60

-Proud of the way we battled, needed more saves.

-Earn your breaks.

-When we won the natty we got smoked in Denver.

-NCHC race is tight. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

This team makes way too many mistakes and has too inconsistent goaltending to have any realistic chance to win a NC$$ championship. The runway to fix these problems is growing shorter and shorter. They need to make significant improvements in these areas and I frankly have no faith in this coaching staff to get it done. They can look like world beaters one game and the most inept mistake prone team in another.

I am honestly starting to lose faith in this coaching staff too. Very disappointing weekend. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Berry Postgame:

-Effort was better.

-#Full60

-Earn your breaks.

-NCHC race is tight. 

Almost as off these post game chats are pointless.

Reminded me of a trip to Maine early in a Hak season when they just got annihilated both nights.  The upside then was there was still most of a season to get better.  This time around, I guess the next month will tell us whether this was an aberration or a sign of things to come.  Very strange set of games.  If UND rights the ship, I wonder if these two might meet again in SD. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Berry Postgame:

-Effort was better.

-#Full60

-Earn your breaks.

-NCHC race is tight. 

Thanks for the summary 

Just now, jk said:

Reminded me of a trip to Maine early in a Hak season when they just got annihilated both nights.  The upside then was there was still most of a season to get better.  This time around, I guess the next month will tell us whether this was an aberration or a sign of things to come.  Very strange set of games.  If UND rights the ship, I wonder if these two might meet again in SD. 

I remember that series. I was on a hunting trip and it completely ruined my weekend haha.

1 minute ago, jk said:

If UND drops to a two seed and CC is either a two or three seed, at least we’d avoid playing them in the regional round

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I would think any team who relies on scoring goals on the rush would want nothing to do with them.

2 minutes ago, jk said:

If they do meet again there is no way ion hell LP should start in net!

Just now, TwamleyShuffle said:

Thanks for the summary 

He also said that UND could have been up 4-0.  No credit given to CC other than their goalie playing well, which isn’t a fluke by the way. He is the best goalie in NCHC and one of the best in the nation.