SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC - Saturday Revenge Game

cowboys5xsbs

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm old enough to remember the DOT line and team getting swept at home vs Michigan Tech. Talent wise this current team isn’t close to that squad. Unfortunately weekends like this happen and it was an absolute Gong Show but I'll hold judgement until after the final horn next Saturday night to see if this series was a fluke or trend.

Bingo. Hockey can be weird. This team has looked really good this year. If w had a stacked deck (meaning we had significantly more talent than any other team in the country) I’d be more upset. We need to see if this was a fluke or more of a trend in the wrong direction.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm old enough to remember the DOT line and team getting swept at home vs Michigan Tech. Talent wise this current team isn’t close to that squad. Unfortunately weekends like this happen and it was an absolute Gong Show but I'll hold judgement until after the final horn next Saturday night to see if this series was a fluke or trend.

This ^^^^^^

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Over/under on Berry doing a post game interview with Hennessy?

I would've taken that bet. He was on with Hennessy. Berry brought up the 2015-16 team that was swept in Denver and went on and won the NCAA title. 

10 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Not hard to do when the puck hits you in the gut every time.

Yea he’s good but was totally untested. His D protects him too. Would have liked to see Blake and others keep shots lower and maybe there woulda been more rebounds. 

Ludvig is a rebound machine. 

2 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Yea he’s good but was totally untested. His D protects him too. Would have liked to see Blake and others keep shots lower and maybe there woulda been more rebounds. 

Ludvig is a rebound machine. 

So why didn’t Berry start Hobie ? Afraid to hurt feelings. 

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I really don't think it was the goaltending this weekend.  Whatever guy got put in would have been lit up with our collective d zone play (everybody).  

He and many others have to be better.  In hockey it's way too easy to blame the netminder.  "Ohh, they have 2 goals on 3 shots!!!!??!!!"  Well what if that was three breakaways?  Or three screened shots from the point?  A goalie is supposed to stop 90% of all 2-0 breakaways against him?

Bingo. The novice fan will always blame the goalie regardless 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

Berry is likely secure in his position unless something extremely serious occurs. The season could completely fail, yet he would still remain. This isn’t to advocate for his dismissal, but rather to highlight that under most conditions, Chaves wouldn’t dismiss him.

Gotcha.

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Hopefully it’s just a fluke and a major wake up call 

Let’s hope so.  I think next wknd at home vs a not very good Duluth team will be a good measuring stick of who this team is. Under the circumstances, anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. Even if we sweep but play two fairly close games, I would still have some concern. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Never have changed my position, his post season record speaks for it self. 

I hear ya. Just one NCAA tourney game win since winning the natty with a loaded team in 2016.  Also failed to qualify for the NCAA tourney on three (?) occasions, I believe.  Heck, I think the UND football team has equaled that same success in terms of the number of NCAA tourney game wins during that same timeframe.  Yoy.

12 hours ago, brianvf said:

I can't believe all the empty seats.  First time ranked in how many years and they can't even get butts in the seats?
That said, their chant is accurate.

The game was sold out (actually oversold) and CC has averaged over 100% of capacity for the year. Per usual UND was well represented at the arena, the empty seats you saw had been occupied by UND fans that cleared out early once CC got a four goal lead. 

https://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/

Siouxsports reminds me of days long ago, pack of 6 year old roaming the house, garage, neighborhood...   

every  12 seconds one would pipe off thier favorite TV show,  Total. Drama. Island.

Made my head hurt then too.

Perhaps that would be a good name change for the site?