SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Which FBS teams? G5 or P5. Because G5 and P5 are in the same subdivision in name only.

A mixture of both. Working from memory, players have gone to LSU, Kansas St, Colorado State, Coastal Carolina, James Madison, South Florida.

edit to add after looking up a couple: Virginia, West Virginia

Just now, Bison06 said:

A mixture of both. Working from memory, players have gone to LSU, Kansas St, Coastal Carolina, James Madison, South Florida.

I think Hayes originally went to Virginia and Cox to West Virginia as well. And the mass migration to Colorado State last year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NDSU grad said:

Does it really matter where they go when they leave?  If FCS schools can’t retain their top talent it definitely becomes a problem. 

Good point. I think those new requirements for schools being FBS will force some G5 programs to drop down to FCS when they go into effect in a few years. Some of them simply won't be able to meet the requirements.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

I think Hayes originally went to Virginia and Cox to West Virginia as well. And the mass migration to Colorado State last year. 

One guy went to the P5 last year, the rest went to crappy G5 teams outside of tic tok sproles. Essentially only worked out for two of them. 

52 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Does it really matter where they go when they leave?  If FCS schools can’t retain their top talent it definitely becomes a problem. 

Going from NDSU to some G5 schools is a down grade . Which guys who left last year went somewhere with a better team or even a NIL payout? Sproles and Hayes?

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Going from NDSU to some G5 schools is a down grade . Which guys who left last year went somewhere with a better team or even a NIL payout? Sproles and Hayes?

Sigle for sure. I could argue Eubanks as well. It doesn’t really matter where they go, what matters is they left. Sigle, Eubanks and possibly Dom Jones would have been starters this year. Kobe would have added depth to the rb room, and Pierce probably would have started as well. That puts a lot of stress on a coaching staff to either go to the portal themselves (which is a total crapshoot at this level) or put in a guy who might not be quite ready to play yet. 

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Based on interviews it seems UND staff puts a lot of thought into who they offer including how they will fit in with the culture. That's not something that happens over the phone within a few days. IMO they super selective which comes back to building a culture vs building for one year. See Missouri State. 

What is the culture of this program?  Outside looking in, there is no identity.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bo said they’re going to “get after it a bit more” which makes me wonder… Wtf? Why would we not be giving it everything we have every year?

I took it as being more aggressive in the passing game. 

19 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

What is the culture of this program?  Outside looking in, there is no identity.  

No insider information here, just basing this on things I've heard, seen, and read, but I would say Bubba's UND culture is based on academics, school pride, responsibility, and compassion.  But throat slitting doesn't appear to part of it (unless you're beating NDSU).  Keeps way too many way too close. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

"Bo Belquist says he's coming back to UND for another season"

This is big news.  Sky was falling last week.

A quiet start to this week and this news mid week is good for the program.  Keeping your leader around and the comments from him make me think there is some alignment from those in the locker room that want to stay here.  

53 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bo said they’re going to “get after it a bit more” which makes me wonder… Wtf? Why would we not be giving it everything we have every year?

Sounds about like when Bubba said "Leave no doubt" back around 2015.   That didn't work out so well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Makes you wonder what kind of offer Kilty is getting. He’s got an impressive list already and I’m sure there is money on the table from many of them.

Hearing in line with the top of what the NDSU players were allegedly offered.