SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ UND - Friday Gameday - Ludvig's Revenge Rd. 1!

stoneySIOUX

If they're missing some important players, I don't think Miami actually sucks.  They didn't have many shots in the first, but they had some dangerous looks that could have been goals.  I think they'll win some league games this year ... Just hopefully not this weekend.

Blake turning up ice is getting embedded in my brain alongside images of the other greats.  The odds of something electric happening are pretty high.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

It’s amazing how hockey can be sometimes. You completely dominate a game for like 50 minutes, and all it takes is a few bad shifts to make things sour. 

I usually think of "bad shift" as one where the other team maintains possession in our zone for an extended time, not a shift where a shot from the point is screened and/or tipped.   Two of those long shots came after very short possession.   You like to see more of them blocked, though. 

10 minutes ago, burd said:

I usually think of "bad shift" as one where the other team maintains possession in our zone for an extended time, not a shift where a shot from the point is screened and/or tipped.   Two of those long shots came after very short possession.   You like to see more of them blocked, though. 

That's just bad shift crazy!

• Upvote 1

Weird to think how dominant North Dakota was during that game but still gave up 4 goals on 13 shots.  This was such a strange game to watch; felt like we should have lost or tied giving up the two late goals.  Tomorrow I'm thinking we see a much more even effort by the Sioux.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 108498 said:

Has the following gone down since 2016 though? Is it getting better this year?

Can’t say, our bucket list was completed in Tampa 2016 after going to like 6 Frozen Four disappointments. Vegas was awesome and since have only been to MN venues & Omaha. Fake news from a humble perspective.

1 hour ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Learning moment tonight no letting off the gas 

Offensively I thought the Sioux got too cute on 3 or 4 chances when they had the big lead. Just bury the effin puck, please. The way they dominated tonight but yet gave up 4 goals.  A loss on Saturday for sure will make a split vs Miami on homer ice feel like a bad wknd.  Foot to the pedal UND on Saturday to get the sweep!

9 hours ago, tnt said:

With Persson’s parents watching for the first time, and against his old team, I hope not. Maybe next week.

His parents will be at the games next weekend as well. Heard that on TH’s pregame with Berry. They’re sticking around all week which makes sense I suppose if they’re coming all the way from Sweden.

My only concern coming out of last night is that we had two or three spurts of playing down to Miami. This happens. That game was never in doubt, at all, IMO. 

Looking back at Ludvig's goals, 3 of 4 were through screens and all four came back-to-back in quick succession when the boys got a little lax. I am not worried about him whatsoever. 

Roll it off tomorrow and get the sweep as UND is significantly a better team. 

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

My only concern coming out of last night is that we had two or three spurts of playing down to Miami. This happens. That game was never in doubt, at all, IMO. 

Looking back at Ludvig's goals, 3 of 4 were through screens and all four came back-to-back in quick succession when the boys got a little lax. I am not worried about him whatsoever. 

Roll it off tomorrow and get the sweep as UND is significantly a better team. 

All were deflections and 2 were double deflections as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

First game this season that reminded me of last season. Except this season UND has more offensive punch to overcome some lax spurts and bad luck. 

Looking a little deeper into it, Miami scored back-to-back goals within about a minute of each other TWICE in this game, once in the second and one with basically no time left in a blowout. That's a few bad shifts. Last year's team would collapse for 30 minute stretches. Outside of those two spurts, it wasn't even close.

Do I want UND to never have these things happen, of course. But, I'll say it again, that game was never in doubt. Do it again tonight.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1