SiouxSports.com Forum

Illinois State @ UND 11/18/2023

SiouxFan100

Looking for our 3rd quality Win.  NDSU, then I am going to count Northern AZ as a quality W. (Northern AZ beat Griz and Weber, 1 point loss to Sac St)  We might have 1 in the dumpster dive term of Quality Losses with the Coyotes.  All of our other losses are non-quality losses, or just sucked.

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Looking for our 3rd quality Win.  NDSU, then I am going to count Northern AZ as a quality W. (Northern AZ beat Griz and Weber, 1 point loss to Sac St)  We might have 1 in the dumpster dive term of Quality Losses with the Coyotes.  All of our other losses are non-quality losses, or just sucked.

In hindsight the Drake win will carry some weight, as they are 7-0 in the Pioneer league and if they win on Saturday clinch a playoff spot as an auto-bid.  Win on Saturday and more than likely in the playoffs.  If NDSU wins as well, 100% in the playoffs as the loss will eliminate UNI from playoff talk and further booster our win over NDSU.  IT will be tough to cheer for NDSU, but this will guarantee our playoff chances.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I believe when it comes to "quality losses" the score is not that important, it is more about ranking at the time. At least for other schools.

2 hours ago, ND1 said:

In hindsight the Drake win will carry some weight, as they are 7-0 in the Pioneer league and if they win on Saturday clinch a playoff spot as an auto-bid.  Win on Saturday and more than likely in the playoffs.  If NDSU wins as well, 100% in the playoffs as the loss will eliminate UNI from playoff talk and further booster our win over NDSU.  IT will be tough to cheer for NDSU, but this will guarantee our playoff chances.   

Drake 14   

MVFC 125 (UND and SDSU) in 2 games

I gotta go with being a Big Panthers fan this weekend because NDSU will have to go on the road at some point in playoffs.

I know we are not going anywhere in the playoffs, so my silver lining is an NSDU loss.