SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ The Ralph-Ludvig's revenge?

Wilbur

31 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Wow, are we off-topic. :p

Getting back on topic, as @Goon would tell us:

"Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable".

After several weeks of big-time match ups against rivals, Top 10 teams, maybe we're not overly threatened? LOL. I have no doubt the boys won't be taking them lightly and our tendy will be absolutely locked and loaded.

• Upvote 1

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

After several weeks of big-time match ups against rivals, Top 10 teams, maybe we're not overly threatened? LOL. I have no doubt the boys won't be taking them lightly and our tendy will be absolutely locked and loaded.

I was just being goofy. I agree with you 100%.

But the team better not take their foot off the gas. In the NCHC, even the bottom-feeders can beat you if you don't show up.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I was just being goofy. I agree with you 100%.

But the team better not take their foot off the gas. In the NCHC, even the bottom-feeders can beat you if you don't show up.

No doubt. I've yet to witness this team have any real, significant letdowns. I'm confident that that continues. Do the job, get the 6 points.

• Upvote 1

Okay, @farce poobah has got me thinking of new sandwich combos at the Pep, but lets see what we know about the Hawks....

~Lost their last four games.
~1-3 on the road
~Swept at home by the mighty CC Tigers last weekend. (Did @Godsmack watch?)
~Lead in points by Mathew Barbolini who was their MVP last year and also their most improved player.

This has all the makings of a TCOS, but Ludvig and company stole one last year at the Ralph, so lets not count points before they're had.  

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Okay, @farce poobah has got me thinking of new sandwich combos at the Pep, but lets see what we know about the Hawks....

~Lost their last four games.
~1-3 on the road
~Swept at home by the mighty CC Tigers last weekend. (Did @Godsmack watch?)
~Lead in points by Mathew Barbolini who was their MVP last year and also their most improved player.

This has all the makings of a TCOS, but Ludvig and company stole one last year at the Ralph, so lets not count points before they're had.  

Yes, I watched quite a bit of both games but my top priority was watching the UND games. I did flip back and forth and caught enough of the two CC/Miami games to confidently say that while Mbereko faced over 60 shots on the weekend, there was never a sense of panic among the players (or me the fan for that matter) that there was any reasonable chance of losing either game. 

CC is much improved over last year, much faster and more skilled freshmen who are really playing well. That said, they aren’t yet top half contenders just yet, IMO. Like Schlossman said in his pre season team previews, CC is likely a season away from truly contending for a top half finish. With that said, part of it was CC playing well but also, Miami just looks like a very bad team. 

I have memories of Miami shocking UND last fall and winning a game at the Ralph so hopefully that is discussed by the coaching staff with the players to prepare them not to take Miami lightly. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I have memories of Miami shocking UND last fall and winning a game at the Ralph so hopefully that is discussed by the coaching staff with the players to prepare them not to take Miami lightly. 

Yes for sure.  The Friday night game was a 7-1 UND blowout win.  Then a 4-3 loss the next night despite outshooting them 36-16.
Great night for Persson, not the best for DeRidder.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20221119/mia/ndk/