SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll ponder again if it's a "practice speed" versus "game speed" (faster opponents) problem when learning edges and angles. 

I don't think it's this. We have guys like Red, Wes, Skokna, Smith, Dennis, Seidl etc. That have some pretty good speed that these guys are practicing against. It's not like 8 years ago when we had 1 fast guy on offense. 

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

With one of the projected brackets I saw (I think STATS) UND could very well end up travelling back to Vermillion if they can win a first round playoff game. I'd welcome that challenge, and would definitely rather go there that Brookings.

I’d love that honestly. We left a lot of meat on the bone down there on both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why would isu's offensive output have anything to do with it?.......that would be 3 points in 10 qts against good teams.....

If it’s 24 to 3 then put him in

if it’s 3 to 3 , no I wouldn’t 

22 minutes ago, Kab said:

If it’s 24 to 3 then put him in

if it’s 3 to 3 , no I wouldn’t 

once again why would what the other team is doing matter........if tommy/danny were at 12, 13, or 14 straight scoreless qts at halftime against isu you would just say......."dam is gonna break soon?".......... season ends on 3-0 loss.

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Tommy is running for his life on a majority of the plays, his skills in eluding the rush are so good it goes unnoticed. If we had a pocket passer it would really be ugly. 

Thank god for Tommy! Offense would’ve been a real disaster without him against Boise (18 points), sdsu (14 points), UNI (0 points), USD (3 points)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Tommy is running for his life on a majority of the plays, his skills in eluding the rush are so good it goes unnoticed. If we had a pocket passer it would really be ugly. 

He had several chances to pick up 6-8 yards but the line of scrimmage is like an electronic fence. if he took those yards and made teams pay the rush would slow down a bit.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

once again why would what the other team is doing matter........if tommy/danny were at 12, 13, or 14 straight scoreless qts at halftime against isu you would just say......."dam is gonna break soon?".......... season ends on 3-0 loss.

Will a backup do better, I don’t know except the other team will smell blood in the water when who ever comes in

i always expected trey to get some playing time during the year

13 minutes ago, Kab said:

Will a backup do better, I don’t know except the other team will smell blood in the water when who ever comes in

i always expected trey to get some playing time during the year

after saturday eve i'm sorry that we will never know........................