SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU Purple Cows @ UND - Saturday Game Day Thread

fightingsioux4life

Stinker of a first period + a few minutes, but UND was the much better team in the 3rd and OT. 
Just couldn't get another past Tracy, although they had their chances.

HUGE test next weekend.
Can this UND defense keep Celebrini in check?  Kid has 8 goals already on the season.
I know you should hope to win every game, but I'd think if we can get out of there with a split or better, that's a good momentum starter for the NCHC play the next weekend.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

Gotta play more than a period. Their goalie had a great game. Would be nice to throw in some scoring from some depth guys. All the scoring has basically been from Blake, gaber, johannes, Perron. Jake Schmaltz and Dylan James are guys that I’d like to see contribute more.  

Maybe switch up James and Schmaltz, and give James a chance to see if he can finish with Blake and McLaughlin.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Maybe switch up James and Schmaltz, and give James a chance to see if he can finish with Blake and McLaughlin.

I was thinking the same thing. Can’t have a black hole on a wing with those two. Wouldnt even mind trying albrecht at some point. That would make that line harder to play against and can dig pucks out to feed the two skilled guys. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Last 25 minutes UND took over.  Tracy was great in the nets for the Mavs, fun kid to watch.

4-1-1 this homestand.  Playing the young d men we will take it. 

Anyone else getting sick of goaltenders having "great games" against us?

After having two "great games" against us, Close gets lit up by the Badgers. Now watch this guy get lit up in his next game.

We will face good goaltending all year in the NCHC. Are we going to pull out the old "hot goalie" excuse every time we don't win?

I bet BU's goaltender is licking his chops for next weekend. It could get him on the early season Hobey watch list. :silly: