SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

I have confidence in this team until we lose again. We really can’t play any worse. Our RB room is fairly dinged up, need some dudes to show up.

Everyone also forgets how freshmen QB’s are UNDs kryptonite , we survived today, need to beat Murray.

You need to be canned as well

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UND08 said:

It’s over…

Nobody gets fired on the spot (wouldn’t have happened anyway)…and it goes in the books as a win (I guess)…

That’s all I’ll take from this…

And yes, I watched the game!  No taking my fan card away from me…hahaha!!!

Couple high school playoff games were much more entertaining…

To be honest the last two games are my fault. Been tied up with family activities and didn’t watch either game until the last 4 minutes of this one. I can be canned and fan card taken away…..

it was funny my dad texted me after the winning TD in overtime how pissed he was that we lost to a 0-7 team after whooping the Bison. I told home he missed the last 45 seconds. He didn’t believe me that UND came back to win!

• Upvote 4

Games like the last two are how apathy starts to set in to the fan base.  This on the heels where there was euphoria after the NDSU win.  Pardon the pun, but after that win, they needed to grab the bull by the horns. Where has that in your face mindset that was quite evident in the NDSU game been?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Games like the last two are how apathy starts to set in to the fan base.  This on the heels where there was euphoria after the NDSU win.  Pardon the pun, but after that win, they needed to grab the bull by the horns. Where has that in your face mindset that was quite evident in the NDSU game been?

I wouldn't be surprised if they lose out. I really hope I am wrong.

Just now, tnt said:

Games like the last two are how apathy starts to set in to the fan base.  This on the heels where there was euphoria after the NDSU win.  Pardon the pun, but after that win, they needed to grab the bull by the horns. Where has that in your face mindset that was quite evident in the NDSU game?

I got chastised for saying this a year ago…my beliefs haven’t changed (and neither has the product on the field), but I’m guessing Ira and the good ole boys will get after me for saying that…

This program is better than what it’s shown the last two weeks.  It’s squandered a metric ton of goodwill from Oct. 14th…I’m not saying anything more…I’m just really disappointed in our response to a program defining win…

It’s hard to even think playoffs when we play like this.  Thank god we won I guess or it would have gotten really ugly…and the kids don’t deserve that.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UND08 said:

I got chastised for saying this a year ago…my beliefs haven’t changed (and neither has the product on the field), but I’m guessing Ira and the good ole boys will get after me for saying that…

This program is better than what it’s shown the last two weeks.  It’s squandered a metric ton of goodwill from Oct. 14th…I’m not saying anything more…I’m just really disappointed in our response to a program defining win…

It’s hard to even think playoffs when we play like this.  Thank god we won I guess or it would have gotten really ugly…and the kids don’t deserve that.

No, the kids don't deserve that. The people that recruited them on the other hand.....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

I don’t want bandwagon fans anyways, they eventually jump off the bus. 6-5 and 7-4 seasons and missing the playoffs is what I want to avoid. UND will have fans if it keeps winning, simple as that.

(Walks self back from the edge)

They won.  Whether by 30 or 3....

An ugly win is better than a devastating loss.

That may have been the lowest point of the season when they fell behind late....but got up from the season ending loss and found a way. 

• Upvote 2

I walked out when they took the lead with 45 seconds on the clock. I was ready to join a few of the posters here.

Get to my car and listen to the end.

The Offense had to make the plays, the Special Teams had to make the kick, the D had to hold them to a FG and the O got the win with a TD.

A great game. Some teams NEED to face adversity and it doesn't matter how it comes. Today, they didn't face adversity, they overcame it. 

Must carry this over to next week.