SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Spot on. Our next HC will likely be another “one of us”. But, have to hope for the best, I guess. A different leader is ultimately a different leader. You never truly know until you give the individual the opportunity. 

I use the term "inbred" instead of "one of us".

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kelly h getting a little salty with our "special teams".....

where ya been the last 10 years kelly?

We have got to be top five in FCS football in missed XPs the last however many years.  I mean it's at the point where you expect to miss one at least once a week.

And when was the last time the Bizen or Jacks missed one?  Hell, how about time between two misses?  We are three games in with two already....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

There has been a precipitous decline in kicking performance since 2014. 50 yarders are basically out of the question now.

I would roll on the floor in laughter/disgust if we even lined up for a 50 yard FG. I think I said last week or the week before, we probably only have made like 1 from more than 43 yards in 5 years. I mean it feels like we've made zero from beyond that but I am sure I am missing at least one. 

Not sure how the kicker made every extra point last year. For a brief moment you could go grab another beer for the extra point, now it's back to sitting on edge of your chair hoping and praying it goes in. 

We need an NIL just to get a kicker. 

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I would roll on the floor in laughter/disgust if we even lined up for a 50 yard FG. I think I said last week or the week before, we probably only have made like 1 from more than 43 yards in 5 years. I mean it feels like we've made zero from beyond that but I am sure I am missing at least one. 

Not sure how the kicker made every extra point last year. For a brief moment you could go grab another beer for the extra point, now it's back to sitting on edge of your chair hoping and praying it goes in. 

We need an NIL just to get a kicker. 

or a new special teams coach.....

Statistics suggest Bubba is not cut out for big games:

Last game that Bubba won in front of a crowd of 13,000+ was 2016 @ Montana State. Quite frankly, if it’s a big game with a big crowd, he hasn’t produced. Lights get too bright. Stage is too big. 

Interestingly, UND will have another big game, next up, with a crowd over 13,000+ at South Dakota State. Will the squad be ready to perform and will the coaches be ready to lead? We will see, but history suggests not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

We have got to be top five in FCS football in missed XPs the last however many years.  I mean it's at the point where you expect to miss one at least once a week.

And when was the last time the Bizen or Jacks missed one?  Hell, how about time between two misses?  We are three games in with two already....

Well we didn’t miss one last year, I do agree we should not be regressing from the players we had in D2

24 hours - the team has moved on we should too. Barring an epic upset we will be 2-2 many on here can save time and just cut and paste their current postings. I enjoy the game, I support UND, I am looking forward to a fun season and making numerous road trips, because it's a game played by student athletes that chose to attend UND. 

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

24 hours - the team has moved on we should to. Barring an epic upset we will be 2-2 many on here can save time and just cut and paste their current postings. I enjoy the game, I support UND, I am looking forward to a fun season and making numerous road trips, because it's a game played by student athletes that chose to attend UND. 

3-1*

25 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Can’t afford to lose him. Recruiting big time players and coaching them up for the NFL level. Best coaching hire of Bubba’s tenure.

don’t believe me look at all the talent on the roster

It would be nice to see a head coach here you know be successful and move onto bigger and better 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

It would be nice to see a head coach here you know be successful and move onto bigger and better 

Or retire, Danny can be given the reins first before we can this coaching staff and build from the ground up. Not the time to hire a completely different staff, I could only imagine what we would have left after the transfers