SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

His small stature is the only thing I’m worried about 

I’m concerned about his height but will see in less than 2 weeks

he seems like a tough competitor 

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Muss had some dudes that could score the football.  And at the same point some dudes that couldn't tackle or cover people.  

Most CB and Safeties were flag cars to the end zone.  Slow and out of position.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

There are no LBs within 10 lbs of 250. It’s more like 20 at least on average. Have you ever put on 20 lbs of muscle? Huge difference.

Problem with 3-4 defense in this division is your line backers have to be Lavar Arrington and Lawrence Taylor. Looks like we have a great group of linebackers but need more penetration on defense while stuffing the line with at least 4 lineman. 

10 hours ago, MinnDak said:

Problem with 3-4 defense in this division is your line backers have to be Lavar Arrington and Lawrence Taylor. Looks like we have a great group of linebackers but need more penetration on defense while stuffing the line with at least 4 lineman. 

It shouldn’t be this hard to find another Brian Labatt and Jaxon Turner should it?

On 8/19/2024 at 11:21 AM, Kab said:

Dom reviewed UND on his show today and projects us to be 4 and 8.

is he close or just anti UND

He thinks Youngstown and SIU to get 7-8 wins after those teams had big turnover too in the offseason. He obviously picked UND to do the worse between SIU, ISU, and YSU for a reason……

• Upvote 1

I can't remember - was Casey Schultz injured last season? He played a decent amount two years ago, but only one game last year. Went from 245lbs last season to 260 this year. Curious if Kaden Vig will be in the DL rotation as well as he has good size and UND uses a ton of DL. 

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I haven’t really heard much about Langden College. Figured he would be someone that would push for his shirt being pulled. Came in in the spring. 

Give him time. He’ll be a good one. He should be in line to get at least 4 games this season.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

I can't remember - was Casey Schultz injured last season? He played a decent amount two years ago, but only one game last year. Went from 245lbs last season to 260 this year. Curious if Kaden Vig will be in the DL rotation as well as he has good size and UND uses a ton of DL. 

Yes he was hampered by injuries last year. Healthy and strong this year. 

• Upvote 1

With the loss of McNaboe one would think 2-3 ends will see lots of action there alone. Tekin and Vig look similar and seem fast just need time to grow and hopefully prove themselves this year. Would fun to see Eckheart and Schultz get some aggressive pressure on the ball with our veteran big guys Beach and Orlando side by side in the middle. Run the 3-4 defense on 3rd down only. 

25 minutes ago, MinnDak said:

With the loss of McNaboe one would think 2-3 ends will see lots of action there alone. Tekin and Vig look similar and seem fast just need time to grow and hopefully prove themselves this year. Would fun to see Eckheart and Schultz get some aggressive pressure on the ball with our veteran big guys Beach and Orlando side by side in the middle. Run the 3-4 defense on 3rd down only. 

Sounds like Montre Samuels-Parker is the quickest of the NGs, so pairing him with Beach/Orlando from time to time would make sense as well. I really hope this team can stop the run against bigger teams. Iowa State's offensive line looks massive, so that will be a good test right away. 

10 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Sounds like Montre Samuels-Parker is the quickest of the NGs, so pairing him with Beach/Orlando from time to time would make sense as well. I really hope this team can stop the run against bigger teams. Iowa State's offensive line looks massive, so that will be a good test right away. 

ISU also has a first time starter at qb no?

13 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I assume he is the one I heard is doing well. Definitely opportunities. I hope they keep them all motivated and competitive. The playoff loss was largely not being able to get to the QB and we made him look like Patrick Mahomes. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

No - their QB was the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year last season.

Rocco Becht is son of Anthony Becht who was a NFL 1st round draft pick in 1999 as a TE out of West Virginia. Rocco won the QB completion last fall because the returning QB starter was one of the players declared ineligible from the sports betting scandal.