SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Preseason ratings and who those teams don't play.

3. USD (Missouri State / ISU-R)

4. SIU (UND / UNI)

5. UND (SIU / Missouri State)

6. ISU-R (SDSU / USD)

7. YSU (NDSU / Murray State)

8. UNI (SIU / Murray State)

With this unbalanced schedule, who you play matters. Based on preseason rankings, ISU-R has by far the best "misses" with the #1 / #3 rated teams. 

3 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

No mention of McNeal or Hembry. I think both will be all MVFC performers this season. 

Been hoping on McNeal since he came here. Hope this is his year.

• Upvote 1

UND projected to regress, from third place in the conference to fifth. A lot of proving to do for incumbent Bubba, but the seat never seems to warm for football coaches in Grand Forks and UND, or so it appears. UND football coaching compensation remains behind peer institutions, and you ultimately put your money where your mouth is. Would be surprised if the team is very good or very bad, as we’ve been conditioned to expect ongoing UND football mediocrity (6 to 7 wins and early playoff exit) at this point. X’s and O’s may change with new offensive coordinator. Players may improve in short term with new strength and conditioning coach and in long  term with new facilities. Only time will tell I guess …

37 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND projected to regress, from third place in the conference to fifth. A lot of proving to do for incumbent Bubba, but the seat never seems to warm for football coaches in Grand Forks and UND, or so it appears. UND football coaching compensation remains behind peer institutions, and you ultimately put your money where your mouth is. Would be surprised if the team is very good or very bad, as we’ve been conditioned to expect ongoing UND football mediocrity (6 to 7 wins and early playoff exit) at this point. X’s and O’s may change with new offensive coordinator. Players may improve in short term with new strength and conditioning coach and in long  term with new facilities. Only time will tell I guess …

The good news: The new facilities are being to have a positive impact on recruiting.

The bad news: We won't see those kids on the field for a couple of years.

On 7/21/2024 at 11:10 AM, Kab said:

I see Izzo has UND ranked 8th in the conference this year.

is that where you think UND will be at year end?

It's in his job description to low ball UND every year. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Considering there were six teams in the "top 3" last year because 4 teams tied for 3rd, it appears they are picked to finish in line with where they did last year.
But continue to find a way to put a negative spin on everything.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Considering there were six teams in the "top 3" last year because 4 teams tied for 3rd, it appears they are picked to finish in line with where they did last year.
But continue to find a way to put a negative spin on everything.

And you continue to be overly optimistic within your pursuit to police opinions on here…?? Ok.

Not sure why one would go to bat over third place in the conference, seems petty and of low expectations, but you do you. 

There are some reasons to be excited, and still plenty of reasons to also be concerned. I’ll continue with the moderate approach despite your sentiments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And you continue to be overly optimistic within your pursuit to police opinions on here…?? Ok.

Not sure why one would go to bat over third place in the conference, seems petty and of low expectations, but you do you. 

There are some reasons to be excited, and still plenty of reasons to also be concerned. I’ll continue with the moderate approach despite your sentiments.

I made zero predictions. Didn't state that 3rd or 5th or anything was good, bad or indifferent.

Specifically pointed out the fact that there were 6 teams in the top 3 spots in the standings last year so being picked 5th (which again, means nothing) would have had them landing exactly where they did last year and it isn't a catastrophic fall off a cliff like some others tried sell a pointless prediction as. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll type "RATT" and stick a song in everyone's head for the day. 

Gotta be from a certain generation to know that.

Now it's in my head as it goes round and round.