SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 minute ago, ND-fan said:

Like I said I thought Chaves would extend Bubba with hire of Landry to give him some security with coming here. NDSU job opening would give more job security and is better job over UND with where both programs are now. If this turmoil continues all of you here on this board better live with  consequences because we’re heading for loss of number players leaving this program and it will be blue chip players going. This will put us back to worse position than we were in 2013 and all we will hear then how I we wish we were back to where we are now. The money for the program will drop because of less attendance and our local reputation of becoming contender will be gone putting us in loosing position . There are so many think all it will take is new coach that will be messiah that will just turn this program around but we have lost our players, revenue drops and how this effects us setting up NIL program, and  how players in the region percieve  the program if it’s school  that they want to come to. I might be little negative but I don’t think a lot of people here on the board realize that Und does not have reputation as sports school with exception of hockey. That is why I have not as critical of Bubba because has reputation of being fair to  players and how he has been invested in UND to better the program not just stepping stone where who ever we get is looking to leave in couple seasons and then we’re trying to rebuild again with another coach unless you have lot of money and is destination where players want to come usually ends in major disaster. I am done for while commenting on football I will just sit back watch this train wreck so many of you wanting it to happen and I believe it’s because school to South’s success and you haven’t understood how the schools have separated on football and where the programs have grown apart because of the paths school have chosen and being in division I sports and communities supporting the schools are not as close as they were 25 years ago.

So we should all learn to live with the way things are now permanently? Sorry, but I will never accept that. This whole Division I move was mismanaged from the start. We are still using the same funding model as we did in Division II. We are a proud institution with a tradition of excellence wallowing in the mud of mediocrity. And we have people sleepwalking around like they either don't know what is happening or, worse, don't think it's a big deal.

We are running this entire athletic department like a high school, where as long as the overall athletic department GPA is 3.0 or higher, it doesn't matter how many games we win or lose. If this is how we are going to run it, we might as well go back down to Division II where we can run everything on the cheap and still win. But I think we are capable of so much more.

The ball is in your court President Armacost. Change has to start at the top and it must start with you.

3 minutes ago, shep said:

Not sure the big problem is about integrity as much as it didn’t take long for him to jump to SU.

i look forward to the day when UND fleeces a Bison coordinator.

I hope the coordinator switching sides works better than the players who have switched.  Doesn't appear as they've been world beaters to me.

13 minutes ago, NDRA said:

I hope the coordinator switching sides works better than the players who have switched.  Doesn't appear as they've been world beaters to me.

Seth has been pretty good so appreciate that. Barty is what he is in FB, good locker room guy and man.  

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Seth has been pretty good so appreciate that. Barty is what he is in FB, good locker room guy and man.  

Yes, you're right, he has been pretty good.  But like I said neither are world beaters.  No disrespect meant to either player, just my opinion.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And screwing people has consequences. That's also life.

Ralph Engelstad liked doing business with a handshake and hated dealing with pages and pages of legalese. Those days are over, unfortunately.

Landry stabbed us in the back. He is persona non grata as far as I am concerned.

He didn’t stab anyone in the back. Spring ball hasn’t started, and he doesn’t owe anyone here anything. If this season goes poorly I sure hope he doesn’t get blamed, that would be a pretty convenient excuse. As another poster said, I think UND football leadership needs to take a good look in the mirror if they are looking for problems. 

48 minutes ago, GForks said:

He didn’t stab anyone in the back. Spring ball hasn’t started, and he doesn’t owe anyone here anything. If this season goes poorly I sure hope he doesn’t get blamed, that would be a pretty convenient excuse. As another poster said, I think UND football leadership needs to take a good look in the mirror if they are looking for problems. 

I agree on the lack of leadership of the FB program. Something has to change.

3 hours ago, wheelsup said:

I think people use the word integrity like it’s a the 1970s.. there is very little “integrity” in college sports outside of D3.. programs will drop scholarships (happened to friends of mine) .. coaches always leave when they get a better offer.. now players do as well. 

there are very few people on this website and others that would turn down 40% more money and more stability than there current job.. most of u would be gone so fast the ink wouldn’t have dried on your old signature.. 

that being said I’m still suprised that Jake did this.

Hey, I was around in the 70s.  Sorry to hear integrity has gone out of style. Clearly, I'm stuck in the past.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GForks said:

I don’t think he gets any blame but I certainly don’t give him a free pass. Lack of character.  He will fit in well with Tim P

• Upvote 4

A quote from Blazing Saddles work here.. scene where the sheriff comes into town and pulls a gun on himself…. The little old lady with the bonnet says in a desperate voice,  “Won’t someone please do something?”

What does it take for action????

30 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t think he gets any blame but I certainly don’t give him a free pass. Lack of character.  He will fit in well with Tim P

I am amazed at how many people from area aren’t surprised he did this, put it that way

The honest question is what should be done? I’m not surprised this mayhem is happening right now. Bubba needs to be promptly terminated after 2024 season unless there is a major surprise and team wins playoff games. Coaching salary pool then needs to be increased, and a solid up-and-coming coach needs to be hired, and it needs to be done at a record-setting rate for UND to show increased commitment to higher expectations.

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yall really missing the point:

Bubba has appeared to really be hiring some highly recruited offensive coordinators lately.

No reason to think he can't do it again.

Good point.  For NDSU to take yet another coach of ours is surprising considering how high and mighty they are

There is a part of me that is smiling about the Landry switch.  A UND guy going to Ndsu. Lol. Can you imagine the hate he already feels.  He will be given zero chance to succeed . They will feast upon him endlessly.  Any small non perfection of any sort will be highlighted for weeks. ZERO leash.  Their fans know what und exes have done or more importantly not done.  Good luck Jake 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SooToo said:

Hey, I was around in the 70s.  Sorry to hear integrity has gone out of style. Clearly, I'm stuck in the past.

Maybe missed the point.. kids get their scholarships pulled all the time for not playing well enough.. coaches leave all the time for better opportunities.. the transfer portal has all kinds of people coming and going.  In the business world people leave their jobs all the time for better opportunity’s.  People are using an overly broad definition of the word integrity on this website right now.  

I hate the timing of this and really hate that he is going to ndsu but it is the world or college sports now.  We should all hope that bubba was good enough for somebody else to want him. 

• Upvote 1