SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

9 hours ago, Kab said:

Is bubba just stubborn or incompetent 

I hate to say this but I think the best thing would be to tank this season and clean house.  With our luck Bubba goes 6-6 and gets an extension

16 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I hate to say this but I think the best thing would be to tank this season and clean house.  With our luck Bubba goes 6-6 and gets an extension

I am guessing 6-6 is a real possibility but that should still lead to Bubba’s termination, or at least it needs to. A losing season is certainly possible though too.

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bubba is a good man but not a great coach. UND / Chaves hung on too long. The central themes on this board, although farfetched, misinformed, and laughable at times, are usually overall spot-on given the passion and love for UND. Bubba has been strung out way too damn long, should’ve been fired in 2017, 2018, or 2021, but now, here we are: this is the result. 

Agree 100%.  Good man, average football coach which is proven with a look at his record.  A good coach would have won 50% more games at North Dakota over Bubbas tenure, but moved on after 5-7 years.  A great coach would have won 85-90% of his games at UND and been gone in 2-4 years.  

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Agree 100%.  Good man, average football coach which is proven with a look at his record.  A good coach would have won 50% more games at North Dakota over Bubbas tenure, but moved on after 5-7 years.  A great coach would have won 85-90% of his games at UND and been gone in 2-4 years.  

So is Landry a great coach? He was in town 2-4 days

10 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

So is Landry a great coach? He was in town 2-4 days

Good enough to get poached for a better opportunity by your instate rival.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Agreed on a complete culture reset.  

Let’s check out some culture .  Go back to the two finalist for the head coaching position in 2013. 
You have Bubba .   22-21 head coaching record in D2. 
You have Kalen.  67-3 in NAIA.  Three championships, runner up and semi in 5 years of head coaching .  Not to mention he beat D1 und in grand forks. 

In typical UND fashion….you have to choose ex UNDer.  Obvious call for administration.  Can hire him for cheap and keep him leashed for years.  

2003.  Ndsu and sdsu make a bold move to go D1.  UND defers .  We are witnessing the consequences.  

There is a ton of missing facts and side issues.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SooToo said:

LOL. New to Sioux Sports?

Once again …The central themes on this board, although farfetched, misinformed, and laughable at times, are usually overall spot-on given the passion and love for UND. Bubba has been strung out way too damn long, should’ve been fired in 2017, 2018, or 2021, but now, here we are: this is the result. 

No matter what you think about opportunity and looking out for yourself. Bottom line is if he was still looking, or had any doubts, he should not have taken the UND job. He could have turned it down and kept looking.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

No matter what you think about opportunity and looking out for yourself. Bottom line is if he was still looking, or had any doubts, he should not have taken the UND job. He could have turned it down and kept looking.

UND football is just not a high-reputation, powerful job right now. NDSU and SDSU are regarded as undoubtedly better jobs, and that should infuriate anyone who loves UND. We know NDSU and SDSU have been better for the past decade plus on the court and field, but now it’s spread to the office, head and hearts of UND alumni. That is beyond damaging.

This current sad state of affairs has to do with the fragile mediocre trend over the past several years, which falls on the shoulders of Bubba and Chaves. When being aggressive and making the rational contemporary decision was necessary, it was instead deferred, and in some cases, the opposite was actually done.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Disappointed Jake left....yes. Hypocrisy......no. My phone blew up last night at the Ralph from my SU insider buddies. This isn’t complicated. Better program. Better career upside. Better pay. It is all about Bidenomics. Amitite??

If Landry had went straight from St. Thomas to NDSU, that wouldn't bother me that much.

But he took the job at UND, blubbered about how happy he was to be back.......and then stabbed Bubba and the rest of us in the back on his way out the door to NDSU.

It's fairly obvious he used the UND offer to get the NDSU one. Disgusting. :angry:

But whomever wants to cheer him on down there so you can "be a part of it", go right on ahead.

Landry is now the enemy and should be treated as such.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Landry had went straight from St. Thomas to NDSU, that wouldn't bother me that much.

But he took job at UND, blubbered about how happy he was to be back.......and then stabbed Bubba and the rest of us in the back on his way out the door to NDSU.

It's fairly obvious he used the UND offer to get the NDSU one. Disgusting. :angry:

But whomever wants to cheer him on down there so you can "be a part of it", go right on ahead.

Landry is now the enemy and should be treated as such.

We can displace some of our anger on individuals, sure, but this is a systematic problem at this point. Look at the bigger picture.