SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

3 minutes ago, shep said:

I’ve spent too much time talking about coaches. Time for some player talk.

Which Red Shirts make the biggest impact next year?

Are any true frosh going to have the RS lifted?

Why was Rucker’s RS lifted? Played well but not a true difference maker. IMO 

To answer your last question, he played about as well as one could expect.  Best fit we had at that position.  Needs to get a lot better and it likely starts with his experience.  

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Tai, Bluiett, Parks, Baretz, Teiken, Hakim

49 minutes ago, shep said:

Who wins the QB battle? That’s what I’m most curious about.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Massey had UND as #26 defense in FCS (7th in MVFC in defense). 

Can they improve that to top 15 FCS and top third of MVFC. 

If you dig deeper there are some pretty nasty looking stats. 

55 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How many total significant contributors do we lose before classes begin in August?

Don’t think we will see any, if you want to leave it’s better to do it earlier so you can have spring ball with your new team. Only person would be somebody like Bo, but I’m going to be optimistic and say he stays.

• Upvote 2

On 1/18/2024 at 1:05 PM, Siouxperman8 said:

Landry is official 

Well …here we are again ….another UND connection. Had Jake not accepted the gig what ex UND’er would have it have been?  Hard to get too excited for this hire.  Hope it turns out great but bubba is still steering the boat so the complacency is still well in tact.  Not sure on Jake’s credentials but rest assured ….he will most definitely fall victim to mediocrity.  If he has/had any resemblance of being an aggressor…throw that out in the dumpster.   Not until “oh gosh oh golly “ is gone will UND ever be competing for the gold.   

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:
On 1/18/2024 at 1:05 PM, Siouxperman8 said:

Landry is official 

Well …here we are again ….another UND connection. Had Jake not accepted the gig what ex UND’er would have it have been? 

Hard to get too excited for this hire.  Hope it turns out great but bubba is still steering the boat so the complacency is still well in tact.  Not sure on Jake’s credentials but rest assured ….he will most definitely fall victim to mediocrity.  If he has/had any resemblance of being an aggressor…throw that out in the dumpster.  

Not until “oh gosh oh golly “ is gone will UND ever be competing for the gold.   

He is the best UND was going to do considering the circumstances of Bubba's contract/age

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While Landry was the safe pick, he could also turn out to be a very good choice.  As I mentioned he has more experience than Danny had coming into the OC position.  Appears he ran an up tempo offense at UWL from a coaching video that someone shared with me.  From his GF Herald article sounds like he believes in running the ball whether it's the RB, QB, or WR and getting the ball to playmakers hands.  There were a few times last year where Danny needed to just keep running the ball but didn't.  Not sure if he'll end up keeping the hurry up offense or not.  I'm just as excited about our offense next year as I would have been if Danny was still here.  He also said he believes in moving the pocket. Maybe he keeps some of our current plays, but brings some new ones in.  Danny's trick plays were fun to watch at times, but we ran them so often they rarely worked on good teams anymore.   Maybe if we go back to less trick plays, if we do need a big play against a good team and use a trick play......might have better chance of it working because they aren't always watching for it.  

While I am still excited about the offense in 2024, still hoping we have a different HC in place for the 2025 season.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2024 at 6:59 PM, shep said:

I really like this even if I don’t know what it means.

:blink:

Always check the fenders of a used car with a magnet before you buy it; if it doesn't stick (putty is non-magnetic) the car has been in an accident and they didn't replace the fender; they just smoothed it with putty and painted. And if it doesn't stick, opening the hood or trunk will likely show more and more costly issues (if you know what you're looking at). 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

leading td catcher at st thomas was a te with 4

on only 9 catches

Our TEs could use a rest, let all the breaks and sprains heal with their hands/fingers from this past season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1