SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

16 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Freshman QB for Iowa St, Rocco Brecht, threw for 446 yards and 3 TD’s in the loss. 

16 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Not good for us

Bubba won’t have the boys ready for the FBS game. Take the money and lay down, as per usual. 

image.thumb.png.dd3f323481ccd4bb770b23ff541e071c.png

the above is a nice little tidbit though

Well for anyone who has the time and inclination, the editorial page in this morning’s Mpls. Star Tribune has two great editorials about the $$$ flowing around college football ( mostly football but other sports too). 
“When tradition, greed collide, injuries follow” and “Obscene pay for coaches is out of control.”

Like I said, maybe we should go back to the Memorial Stadium.

By my count, between returners and transfers, there are 7 Safety's. Two questions, what's the confidence level that there are two legitimate starters in that group? Second being, are there two others you feel good about filling out the 2-Deep with? 

Transfers: Martens (So), Martin (Jr)

Last Years Depth: Ball (SR), Davis (JR)

Last Years Youth: Sutton (So), Pfeffer (So), Erkman (R-FR)

52 minutes ago, AJS said:

By my count, between returners and transfers, there are 7 Safety's. Two questions, what's the confidence level that there are two legitimate starters in that group? Second being, are there two others you feel good about filling out the 2-Deep with? 

They really believe in Erkman from what I’ve heard. They are banking on him being a stud.

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2024 at 7:51 AM, Mama Sue said:

Well for anyone who has the time and inclination, the editorial page in this morning’s Mpls. Star Tribune has two great editorials about the $$$ flowing around college football ( mostly football but other sports too). 
“When tradition, greed collide, injuries follow” and “Obscene pay for coaches is out of control.”

Like I said, maybe we should go back to the Memorial Stadium.

u of m should love this.....their campus is in a major town and no big msu (sorry mankato st) to compete for donor dollars....problem is fleck is a fraud and minny town is falling apart

25 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u of m should love this.....their campus is in a major town and no big msu (sorry mankato st) to compete for donor dollars....problem is fleck is a fraud and minny town is falling apart

Now it makes sense. #RTB  The only time I had to row a boat is when Old Ev 15 HP wouldn't start on Big D.

image.png.f428ca005ca5e5ea4cf38b895c909a29.png

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AJS said:

Feel ok about the transfers especially if they can get here for spring ball. 

Have zero confidence in last years depth from what I saw from them. 

Don't know much about the youth except good things about Erkman.

11 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Feel ok about the transfers especially if they can get here for spring ball. 

Have zero confidence in last years depth from what I saw from them. 

Don't know much about the youth except good things about Erkman.

Miller's article says that Martens is enrolling for the spring semester today.  Excited about his potential.

17 minutes ago, Hawks_UND said:

Was talking to someone close to the team the other day, apparently a lot of the defensive players aren’t fans of schwenzfire (hence why we lost a few guys) and we may see more guys leave after spring. 

Well that is exactly what we don't need!! 

35 minutes ago, Hawks_UND said:

Was talking to someone close to the team the other day, apparently a lot of the defensive players aren’t fans of schwenzfire (hence why we lost a few guys) and we may see more guys leave after spring. 

Why would someone wait until Spring to transfer outside of getting buried on the depth chart? I would also say, for "a lot of players" not being a fan of Schwenzfeier, only losing three defensively players to the portal, isn't too bad. You have few, but certainly interesting posts. I'm guessing any future posts will follow the same lines as the first few. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Based on the the players I saw out there I wouldn't be too upset about losing them.  Maybe a couple 

There would be a few.  

Those same players were able to get a lot of teams to 3rd down a lot of times.  Just couldn’t finish a series.  Some of that is execution and some is coaching experience.  i’m ok letting spring ball play out and everyone make a decision that is best for them.   That may include coaches bringing in different players.  

50 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Some of you folks wouldn’t be upset if UND won 7 games every season for the rest of eternity, because it’s “better than where we were”, so there’s that …

I think there are less people that fall under this category on here than you think 

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I keep seeing that typed on here but then the actual comments suggest otherwise …

And I keep seeing you say there's a bunch of people ok with it, yet not a single person actually has said that... 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

wrong. It’s implied over and over again. 

At least you're finally admitting no one is saying it out loud, it's just the voices in your head telling you it's happening.... 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

At least you're finally admitting no one is saying it out loud, it's just the voices in your head telling you it's happening.... 

A week or two ago you made a post bragging about how we made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years....

I asked how many playoff wins that has equated to, I still have not received that answer...

Keep living in your fantasy world! 

• Upvote 2