SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Weak tweet.  Guessing Motzko wouldn’t approve of this.  Also, I bet their experience was top notch, as UND/REA/Scheels arena are pros at hosting regionals.  The classy thing would be to thank them for a great experience and maybe barb the fans separately. 

Good to know that after their team wins, Minny’s first thought is Sioux fans.  Apparently we’re living rent free in their tiny gofer heads.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Weak tweet.  Guessing Motzko wouldn’t approve of this.  Also, I bet their experience was top notch, as UND/REA/Scheels arena are pros at hosting regionals.  The classy thing would be to thank them for a great experience and maybe barb the fans separately. 

That's what they did... in the tweet. 

59 minutes ago, Goon said:

This tweet popped up on Twitter last night. 

No offense, but what's the significance of that tweet?  What's your point?  Person seems like a clown based on their profile pic.  Why bring it here?

5 hours ago, jallengarry said:

You started with "nothing to worry about" and ended with "we must fight for our lives!!!"

Being in the Rockies and 90 mins from NYC will likely always be a slightly stronger draw than the amenities of Grand Forks or St. Cloud. 

But I'd generally agree...Most of NCHC will still be very, very good over time. I hope, anyhow, bc college hockey needs that. But I don't think this is just law of averages for the Big. MN and Michigan, and to a slightly lesser degree, 'Sconi, will always be what they are. And schools with reps and cash like OSU and Penn State aren't going to fade away over time. They'll most likely only get better.

If we don't turn this program around soon, we will get left behind whether or not the B1G is doing well. Wisconsin is a prime example of what can happen to any program.

And as long as hockey is third at best in the pecking order at B1G schools, I just don't see those schools pumping a lot of money into hockey. Most Michigan and Ohio State fans probably don't know their favorite schools sponsor this sport. Penn State seems to have embraced hockey, which is great, but it will never get the kind of media attention FB does there.

My overall point is people shouldn't jump off bridges based on a sample size of one whole season. College hockey is, and will remain, a highly competitive sport with lots of recruitable talent and a lot of good teams vying for championships. Which is why we should focus on cleaning up our own mess and getting back to winning.

With the victories come the spoils.  Stay humble my dad always says.

They were the laughing stock of Minnesota a few years ago with 12 people in the stands for their playoffs.

Now they are popping their chests out like they own the world.  The ups and downs of the college hockey world.  Hopefully we can turn this around soon.  

Just now, Wilbur said:

With the victories come the spoils.  Stay humble my dad always says.

They were the laughing stock of Minnesota a few years ago with 12 people in the stands for their playoffs.

Now they are popping their chests out like they own the world.  The ups and downs of the college hockey world.  Hopefully we can turn this around soon.  

That program wouldn't know what "humble" is if it shook their hand. The next time one of their fans tells me that Wisconsin is their "real rival" and that UND is "just another school" to them, I will shove this in their face and ask "What say you?".

This is the most insufferable fan base in the sport and it is not even close. I will support them when pigs fly and Hades freezes over. They remain Enemy #1, Denver and Duluth don't even come close. F the Gophers.

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Seems like gophers  have had 20 years of spare time at the end of each year to practice because they haven’t been raising a trophy 

good luck to Q

Titles in the last 20 years:

North Dakota:  1 (2016)

Minnesota:  1 (2003)

Question is, which program is on the upswing right now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Save it. 2024 Frozen Four is at the X. Long memories. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goon said:

My sister Kim and I are the only UND alums in my family, the rest of my siblings love the Golden Rodents. They're like you should join us on the wagon. I said, "I would gouge my eyes out before I could cheer for the Gophers."  

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is the most insufferable fan base in the sport and it is not even close. I will support [the Gophers] when pigs fly and Hades freezes over. They remain Enemy #1, Denver and Duluth don't even come close. F the Gophers.

Boys, I like where your heads are at.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Boys, I like where your heads are at.

I always like the pompous attitude when a Gopher fans tells me I should want to cheer for the Gophers. Seriously dude, I can't lower myself to like that team. I am dead serious, gouging my eyes out seems like a better option. After Thursday's game, Bob Motzko made a horrendously stupid comment in the post-game: "This was one of the closest 9-2 games I've ever been involved in," Motzko said with a straight face. 

Sure Bob. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You don’t see the guy in all red flying for a d to d pass and give a clean break? 

Good point, OSU is full of tree trunks dressed in red. Especially, their goaltender. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

So far this looks like a game that will require at least four goals to win.

They are really skating.  Intense. 

But dam, OSU's helmets are ugly, especially the dumbazz FB stickers.  Same as FB, of course, and they are OK, but the color doesn't work with a hockey uni, IMO. 

It's the important things . . . 

• Upvote 1