SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS clowns (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

28 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

That is absurd!

If it helped with team discipline in the future it wouldn’t be a bad thing, however we are well past the rest of the players taking it seriously this far in, much like when Rhett Gardner was finally benched.

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

McLaughlin certainly made that first goal look easy.  So smooth.  
if he starts potting regularly, we get a lot harder to beat. 

I'm pretty optimistic about all four of our freshman forwards.  Blake, obviously, has been consistently good all season.  But the other three all show flashes of their potential more and more as the season progresses.
They're all going to be excellent collegiate players by the time they hit their JR seasons.  And then throw in Perron & Emerson next season and Swanson & Boisvert the following year?  That's a great group of forwards right there.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Picking nits here, because Gaber obviously busts his azz out there, including on the forecheck, but one thing I noticed is that he usually skates away from his teammates when he scores, as if to separate himself from his linemates.   

I readily accept that I may be full of shyt once again.  

• Upvote 1

NCHC rookie of the year Jackson Blake was huge.  On a team where nothing is consistent he is one that gives a glimpse of hope for next year along with 21, 22, and 26. 

With guys changing he could of got off the ice and got a fresh pair of legs out against a tired SCSU group, but he wanted the puck on his stick deciding the game.  

1 hour ago, burd said:

Picking nits here, because Gaber obviously busts his azz out there, including on the forecheck, but one thing I noticed is that he usually skates away from his teammates when he scores, as if to separate himself from his linemates.   

I readily accept that I may be full of shyt once again.  

No you are not.  He has the look at me look at what I did syndrome. 

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Okay.....yes a nice pass, but what in the world Huskies.  Yes, I'm talking about you 14.  For everything you hear about Okabe that's on him.  More puck watching here than at the squirt International.....

14 had a bad last part of the game...on the OT winner, he was puck watching as well, as Gaber skated around him to bury the loose change 

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

Sounds like he is signing. Had a good career, very glad we didn't have to play against him on Western. Best of luck, he's in a good position being able to pick his suitor. 

51 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

No you are not.  He has the look at me look at what I did syndrome. 

To quote a mediocre rap song, he get it from his mama

Say what you want about Berry and staff but someone made a great decision last night in OT. Gaber had just been out for his shift with OMac when Blake and Jammer hit the ice. Once they got solid possession going in the O zone and Blake was buying extra time they snuck Gaber back on after only a short rest to pair up with Blake and win it. Don’t know if it was planned to try that or seat of the pants call on the fly, but it was brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sounds like he is signing. Had a good career, very glad we didn't have to play against him on Western. Best of luck, he's in a good position being able to pick his suitor. 

To quote a mediocre rap song, he get it from his mama

I guess I didn't read the same thing in his comments. Not saying that he's not going to sign in the offseason, but I could see him back for his senior year. It's not uncommon to hear players talk about the Ralph and their experiences. 

"That was probably the coolest moment of my life. . . one of the coolest moments," Gaber said. "That was on my bucket list to score one of those at The Ralph. This place means so much to me. It's pretty cool to have that."