SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS clowns (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

33 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

He recently commented in an interview how much he loves it here and how much he loves the culture. 

What’s he supposed to say to the media?  Tell ‘em how miserable he is and prepare for the locker room “Code Red” as soon as the spot airs?

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not a popular take but I hope Gaber signs. His bad habits have become net negative. 

If you're seeing the shortcomings in his 200 foot game, and I'm seeing them, chances are good the pro scouts and his family advisor are seeing the same thing.  

I see a guy with a lot of potential.  I'm sure someone has told him to work on one-timers and start using them in games.  He has the speed, hands and game sense to be a great forechecker, but its not quite there yet.     "You have talent.  Develop it!" ( - said to me by an insightful teacher once upon a time)

6 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

If you're seeing the shortcomings in his 200 foot game, and I'm seeing them, chances are good the pro scouts and his family advisor are seeing the same thing.  

I see a guy with a lot of potential.  I'm sure someone has told him to work on one-timers and start using them in games.  He has the speed, hands and game sense to be a great forechecker, but its not quite there yet.     "You have talent.  Develop it!" ( - said to me by an insightful teacher once upon a time)

And you went out there and put on a goofy helmet and rode your bicycle around the ice.  :D

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What’s he supposed to say to the media?  Tell ‘em how miserable he is and prepare for the locker room “Code Red” as soon as the spot airs?

You think he’s miserable?  If he isn’t happy, I doubt he says anything.  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Saw that and I think it’s as noticeable as Anthony Davis sitting during LeBron’s record-breaking shot.  Lots of praised heaped on Gaber for “sending everyone home” when it was Blake’s effort that led directly to the goal. 

Wow, we win and negatives are what you focus on.  When did you become GF hockey?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

Wow, we win and negatives are what you focus on.  When did you become GF hockey?

It was a curious observation - I guess I didn’t realize the team secured an NCAA auto-bid last night, sorry for being a Debbie Downer.  Let’s see how tonight turns out before thinking the season has been salvaged on the basis of last night’s result.  If it’s a 7-1 loss tonight, last night will quickly be forgotten.  

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

It was a curious observation - I guess I didn’t realize the team secured an NCAA auto-bid last night, sorry for being a Debbie Downer. 

No they didn’t, but they can only do what they can do at this point, and it was far from UND getting embarrassed as you expected.

We’re all frustrated by this horrible year, so any positives we can take is something to at least give us hope for the future, even if this season continues down the wrong path.  With how things have gone, it’s a positive they didn’t fold when they went down 3-1 after the 5 minute major.  Yes, that should be the expectation for UND hockey, but sometimes human nature takes over.  Hopefully it’s something they can use going forward this year, but I like some of the pieces they have in place if nothing else.