SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Good catch, but they actually thought they were in a do or die situation to get into tournament that game.

Yes, I think Duluth ended up sneaking in over Minnesota, and we were the second team left out. 

The end of the 2018 season is an indelible memory for me for no other reason than it was the first time since 2003 I didn’t watch team make it to regionals. Now it’s starting to feel routine. 

Gone are the days of the Hakstol era where it’d almost be a given that the Sioux we’re playing in a regional final no matter what.

8 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Yes, I think Duluth ended up sneaking in over Minnesota, and we were the second team left out. 

The end of the 2018 season is an indelible memory for me for no other reason than it was the first time since 2003 I didn’t watch team make it to regionals. Now it’s starting to feel routine. 

Gone are the days of the Hakstol era where it’d almost be a given that the Sioux we’re playing in a regional final no matter what.

gone are the days of the hakstol era when EVERY season ended in a loss..........every....one.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

gone are the days of the hakstol era when EVERY season ended in a loss..........every....one.

So you are good with 1 season ending in a win, and most ending well before the Frozen Four.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

:huh:

NIL money?
gfhockey break out the bankroll? 

:D 

Do you think gf would blow that shoebox of dime and nickel rolls he saved from his days on the patch?   I figured he would save that for Miley Cyrus posters.  

1 minute ago, burd said:

Do you think gf would blow that shoebox of dime and nickel rolls he saved from his days on the patch?   I figured he would save that for Miley Cyrus posters.  

I hear a bunch of Isaac Howard trading cards and posters just went up on eBay ... 

Looking for a skilled top 9 who would you say fits in that group? Gaber, Blake, McLaughlin, James, and Perron for sure. I think Schmaltz is in their but you'd like to see his speed improve. Caulfield I think too. Strinden? Kunz? Emerson? Do we maybe look to the portal to add another skill type center?

That 4th line with more a heavy focus I think is clear Jamernik, Portz, and Ness fit that. Not sure where Montgomery fits or if you can count on him at all.

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It’s becoming a speed, possession, top nine, center lane of the ice game. The day of the bottom six grind, dump and chase, cycle along the boards game is fading. 

For sure Berry needs to move away from that...but will he?  We'll know pretty early next season.
We'll certainly have the offensive firepower to play a more speed & possession type of game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It’s becoming a speed, possession, top nine, center lane of the ice game. The day of the bottom six grind, dump and chase, cycle along the boards game is fading. 

UND owned the market this season on totally avoiding the center lane.