SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ The Herb Stone Monument vs. JBU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

31 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Berry just told Tim in the post game interview that there are some things the players can still hang their hats on from tonight but he didn’t elaborate on what those things were. Perhaps not giving up 8? 

Post game coach interviews are stupid. A lot of clichés and shallow analysis. I don't understand why so many people around here place so much importance on them.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Post game coach interviews are stupid. A lot of clichés and shallow analysis. I don't understand why so many people around here place so much importance on them.

It's kind of like a train wreck...I mean, what the hell are you going to say?  "We got crushed tonight and couldn't stop the Clowns from scoring."  Just once, I'd like to hear that from B-Rad.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think we’d all agree the team played a full 60 tonight and just drew the short stick, one bounce the other way and we walk out with the W. Truly a game of inches…

I disagree. We met a team that should have been our equal and dropped a turd.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think we’d all agree the team played a full 60 tonight and just drew the short stick, one bounce the other way and we walk out with the W. Truly a game of inches…

dripping with sarcasm...

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

It's kind of like a train wreck...I mean, what the hell are you going to say?  "We got crushed tonight and couldn't stop the Clowns from scoring."  Just once, I'd like to hear that from B-Rad.

Yeah, Jacques Lemaire post games were great, but those days are long gone at every level of every sport

26 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Yeah, Jacques Lemaire post games were great, but those days are long gone at every level of every sport

Mike Tice gets honorable mention...I'll take former head coach of Tampa Bay Bucs John McKay for the win!

When asked about his team’s execution: “I’m in favor of it.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Waiting for @Wilbur to post Berry's post game comments soon so I can switch to the PAC 12 title FB game

Didn't get a chance to watch, but...

-Good start.  Good road period.

-Didn't play #full60

-Everyone needs to be better/look in the mirror.

-Tougher on pucks.

32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND's save % at .870.....59th out of 61 teams. 

Kudos to TH last night for calling the goaltending out.

7 goals on 33 SOG last night.

Save % is a team stat, give aways are  killing this team. This whole team just plays very poor in its own end and this staff has no idea or unwilling to fix the issues.  Haven’t seen a UND hickey team that may be done before Xmas. 

• Upvote 2

Hard to believe we were up 2-1 and later were on the power play with it tied at 2.

4 (!) different rivals of varying degrees beat us to Cruikshank. Really wish we landed him at one of the chances. 

Last season we got destroyed in game 1 at the concrete palace and then grinded out a win in game 2 with a very similar roster. Pretty much the last chance to salvage this season tonight. 

9 hours ago, Username Taken said:

Same crap, different game. Brutal in their own end and goaltending like the 57th ranked team in the country that they are. Bast is the only D/G I wouldn’t mind seeing back next year. Everyone else on the back end can move along.

Berry over thinks the lines to much. Relying on veteran guys to much.  end the 5 th yr experiment. There’s a reason these guys haven’t turned pro. Maybe They don’t buy into the culture or are just bad in the locker-room. Play the guys you recruit…. Which r NHL draft pick for a reason.  We have to be the only team in college hockey that prides themselves on send guys to the NHL but has no problem with scratching them. If I was a high end recruit I’d probably consider other schools as UND in not the only path to the show.  

• Upvote 3