SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

9 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

I like our 2-deep but.....We really need upgrades or someone to step up at Safety and OLB.  We are really thin there.  Maybe Fort, Buckner or Sutton will really surprise.  At OLB, Navratil makes plays but the rest....?  Ag school going down at the Al this year.

I'm feeling ok about the Safety position. Healthy Fort who was a starter, but hurt all year, plus Buckner with a year under his belt and a simplified system. Davis / Sutton with a year more of experience. KK with a lot of experience. You can feel confident they'll be much better than last year. There's no reason to believe they wouldn't be. OLB is really the one positional group that scares me. Need some surprises. 

4 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

KK and Ball are too slow at reading/reacting and game speed.  KK is a good special teams player. I forgot about Davis.  We seem pretty loaded at corner, maybe someone else can play safety too? 

Kk is an absolute liability. All the experience (and leadership, blah, blah) in the world wont make him any faster, if anything, just slower. Putting him on the field simply because he’s been around forever worries me … I hope the coaches can find someone to replace him or we’ll continue to see big plays down the field with #24 trailing in pursuit. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

KK and Ball are too slow at reading/reacting and game speed.  KK is a good special teams player. I forgot about Davis.  We seem pretty loaded at corner, maybe someone else can play safety too? 

kinda like on the bball side......sather has had 4 years to find a baller better than brady danielson yet he might still get some meaningful minutes this year (self described knockdown shooter per his insta)........bubba has had 4 or more years to find someone better than kk in the secondary and if kk plays meaningful minutes this year watch out.....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Kk is an absolute liability. All the experience (and leadership, blah, blah) in the world wont make him any faster, if anything, just slower. Putting him on the field simply because he’s been around forever worries me … I hope the coaches can find someone to replace him or we’ll continue to see big plays down the field with #24 trailing in pursuit. 

beat me to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There’s always a player or two that surprises in fall camp, who does everyone think that will be? I’m going to go with Nick Kupfer, although maybe some could argue that occurred last year. I think he could really transform more into a Noah Wanzek this year. Otherwise, I think we will see Sawyer Seidl make some flashy plays. 

34 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

There’s always a player or two that surprises in fall camp, who does everyone think that will be? I’m going to go with Nick Kupfer, although maybe some could argue that occurred last year. I think he could really transform more into a Noah Wanzek this year. Otherwise, I think we will see Sawyer Seidl make some flashy plays. 

Korey Tai

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15745979/Korey-Tai

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, AJS said:

I'm feeling ok about the Safety position. Healthy Fort who was a starter, but hurt all year, plus Buckner with a year under his belt and a simplified system. Davis / Sutton with a year more of experience. KK with a lot of experience. You can feel confident they'll be much better than last year. There's no reason to believe they wouldn't be. OLB is really the one positional group that scares me. Need some surprises. 

And Buckner gets a year with Baukol to develop. Should be telling.

2 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Tickets go on sale today for SDSU game. Wondering if anyone is going and what section to get tickets? Don't really know where the visitor section is?

One seat, rows 10 to 15 at the 50 yard line keeps me happy. Have not been to a Jack Rabbit game in a while…

19 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I'm going to go with McNeal and Teiken on defense and Ziebarth and Gunderson on offense.  I really like Kupfer too.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So @Nacho thinks the players from last year’s secondary are apparently top notch. Stats and common sense suggests otherwise. 

Nope, not my take at all, just gave a down vote because I don't like posters belittling current players, go ahead and spin that however you like.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Nacho said:

Nope, not my take at all, just gave a down vote because I don't like posters belittling current players, go ahead and spin that however you like.

So if a current player is not very good, we are supposed to pretend otherwise and keep our mouths shut? This isn't high school athletics, even if some of our followers treat it as such.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Nacho said:

So your feelings are hurt because I (and others) might have mentioned a player and hurt their feelings? 

Man, talk about soft. Pretty sure 18+ year old men who are eligible to join the armed services can take a little criticism regarding the sport of football …

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So your feelings are hurt because I (and others) might have mentioned a player and hurt their feelings? 

Man, talk about soft. Pretty sure 18+ year old men who are eligible to join the armed services can take a little criticism regarding the sport of football …

I am pretty sure the players aren't soft at all. Just the ducky and bunny crowd on SS.com.

It's a down vote, you've had more than most, one would think it wouldn't get you so butthurt!

• Downvote 1

Really excited to see what the DL can do with the addition of Griffen Jr. and Saltonstall. Hope the DL can make it easier on the LBs and DBs. I’m a lot more confident in the DBs than the LBs right now. Also, hopefully someone steps up at center and gets good snaps down out of the gun, and someone develops into a good receiving TE threat. Excited for the season!

• Upvote 3