SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if schloss has any balls he would essentially tweet the same thing but say it's their super bowl x 13 or 18 or something stupid....

Schloss has no balls, gave them to the women’s hockey team……

plus the 360 guys tried to get Miller to give a jest to his coworkers in Fargo and outright refused. No balls in the GF Herald office…..

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Kab said:

They say this every year, just an excuse when they lose 

They are trying to hype up the game because there is nothing else of interest on their schedule other than SDSU. They need the UND game as much as UND with all the Bison Fatigue down in Fargo. They say everyday that only the top 5 teams can with the title with the weak FCS field 

11 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Schloss has no balls, gave them to the women’s hockey team……

plus the 360 guys tried to get Miller to give a jest to his coworkers in Fargo and outright refused. No balls in the GF Herald office…..

what did kelly and the guys try to get him to do?

11 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

While I loathe the Forum's (and all of Fargo media's) homer coverage of Bison FB, think about this for a bit:  Tom Miller and his Forum counterparts (McFeely, Izzo) work for the same company.  Any good employee is going to be careful what s/he says about co-workers, especially when the employer is in the business of reporting news stories and what people say about said stories.    

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dustin said:

While I loathe the Forum's (and all of Fargo media's) homer coverage of Bison FB, think about this for a bit:  Tom Miller and his Forum counterparts (McFeely, Izzo) work for the same company.  Any good employee is going to be careful what s/he says about co-workers, especially when the employer is in the business of reporting news stories and what people say about said stories.    

It’s not rock science… for most of us.

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:39 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think things will be much the same as far as coaching and personnel.  Here is a very early prediction on the 2023 season...

Drake - easy W

Northern Arizona - W

@Boise State - L

@South Dakota State - L

Western Illinois - W

North Dakota State - L

@Northern Iowa - L

Indiana State - W

@Murray State - Toss up - bad team but we are on road in a new venue

@South Dakota - Toss up - avg team but on the road

Illinois State - Toss up - good team but at home

There you have it.  somewhere between 4-7 and 7-4.  

After the result in Fargo, I move the @USD game to a L.  We finish between 3-8 and 6-5.

• Upvote 2

I think the team has regressed from the start of the year

i know the first 2 games we’re against worse teams but the last 2 games I see no identity

watching tommy lately is like watching paint dry, takes 40 seconds on each play

a hurry up to him would be 37 seconds 

I see no fire on this team outside of Skokna 

12 hours ago, Dustin said:

So, here's what we know so far:  We are much better than some FCS teams at home.  We are long ways off from a household name FBS team on the road.  We are also a long ways off from the best FCS team on the road.  I think pretty much everyone figured we'd be 2-2 at this point, but I know all were hoping for better.  I'm sure we'll beat up W. Ill. at home next week, and then onto NDSU at home.  That game is a must win to have any sort of good feeling for the future.  Even at 8-3 (which is looking less and less likely as we see the product on the field) means little to no progress is being made.  I hope Bubba retires at the end of the season, regardless of final record.  Even if we go farther than we've ever gotten before, he can hang his hat on that.

Also, I've been a pretty big Tommy cheerleader, but this should be his last season.  Maybe he doesn't even complete it.  Who knows.  Thank him for coming to campus last minute and helping build a program, celebrate his vast record book, but say it's time to take the next step for the program.

As for HC, I don't know.  Had been thinking Danny was pretty much the shoe-in, but he seems to have the same yips as Bubba.  A complete gut job seems harsh, but do we have the best we can get at this level?  At some point, somebody's gotta recruit the guys who are going to take down the big guns.  We need to be the big guns that opponents want a shot at.  

Decisions change but Tommy did say on camera that he is coming back next year. 

I've talked about this before, but it just feels like a high-stakes year for the program. You can feel the frustration from the fanbase. As much as things feel off right now, the hope has to be that UND just got the best team in the FCS (which is true) A+ game on the road. Next three games feel like it's make or break for Bubba. Where I'll disagree with some is I think an 8-3 record would be a success, but with how uninspiring and frustrating the Boise State / SDSU games have been, the NDSU game is feeling more and more like a must win. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

I've talked about this before, but it just feels like a high-stakes year for the program. You can feel the frustration from the fanbase. As much as things feel off right now, the hope has to be that UND just got the best team in the FCS (which is true) A+ game on the road. Next three games feel like it's make or break for Bubba. Where I'll disagree with some is I think an 8-3 record would be a success, but with how uninspiring and frustrating the Boise State / SDSU games have been, the NDSU game is feeling more and more like a must win. 

8-3 would be a success because it would mean the team has improved and is clicking on all cylinders come playoff time (given they’re 2-2 right now), but a A LOT of work ahead for Bubba and staff to get UND to that record come playoff time. It doesn’t seem likely right now. 

Next two games are huge for direction of program. Close loss to NDSU isn’t good enough. 12-15 vs crowds of 10,000+ since 2016. This program does not have enough leadership or vision right now. Used to always say big players make big plays in big games, well Bubba and his staff certainly don’t make big coaching decisions in big games. 

With all that, this is also a recruiting issue. UND wasn’t even in the game from the start yesterday; SDSU was simply a bigger, physical, more talented team, but should we tolerate such a talent differential? No- no excuse. It’s Brookings SD vs Grand Forks ND. SDSU vs UND. No reason or excuse for such a talent and coaching differential. Plus this current team is senior-laden to make matters worse. 

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

Based on the last 2 games, and more importantly, Bubba's body of work over the last 2+ seasons, winning 6 of the next 7 games is little more than a pipe dream.  Anything is still possible but when a team can't throw the ball downfield, cant run the ball consistently and cant stop the run it does not usually end well.   

I'm afraid our big game coaching acumen was on display in the first quarter as we could not move the ball and could not stop our opponent after a bye week.  UGh. 

15 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Did Tommy get a new girlfriend?  or get married?  Something has changed...

You just start watching him? Look at his performances against good teams. He's never performed. He'll manage a game against Western Illinois pretty well tho 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Decisions change but Tommy did say on camera that he is coming back next year. 

I know he said that. Even if he on is on the team, doesn’t mean he plays. Or could serve as a backup in case something happens. 

51 minutes ago, AJS said:

Perhaps, but this site in no way reflects the fan base. 

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

I think an 8-3 record would be a success

8-3 feels like the absolute ceiling of this program right now. If one of the 8 wins is against NDSU, that would have a different feeling (to me) than if it isn’t. Still a couple of tough road tests on the schedule (UNI, USD), so can’t assume we’d get to 8 wins without getting NDSU. Even if we did go 8-3, but can’t beat SDSU or NDSU, is that what we want perpetually?  I would hope everyone would say “No.”  

19 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

You just start watching him? Look at his performances against good teams. He's never performed. He'll manage a game against Western Illinois pretty well tho 

I mostly listen to the games, but sometimes watch...   I don't think he was ever the next Joe Namath but seems like lately his work has been less than before.  

These coaches I’m sure see what Schmidt has done and the money he is making and are hoping for success so they can share in that next step 

don’t know what these coaches are making but can’t be a whole lot 

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

These coaches I’m sure see what Schmidt has done and the money he is making and are hoping for success so they can share in that next step 

don’t know what these coaches are making but can’t be a whole lot 

If the coaches can coach, which is pretty evident yesterday, they won’t be making any money