SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

20 hours ago, 108498 said:

UND has come a long ways since Bubba took over. Prior to his arrival the idea of making the playoffs at all was almost non existent.

Blame that on the abysmal hire of 2008 …

Not going DI and losing Lennon to SIU (and becoming more of a “puck school”) plays into that. Failure to set expectations above NDSU has hurt UND football for decades. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

… but it was Lennon going to SIU … Perspective …

“more of”

Hockey 2000

Football 2001

…but…

The treatment of UND football despite this was god awful in 2000s. Surprised Lennon lasted until 2007, quite frankly … 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

bison sucked when they had the wrong guys running it...put money into and they got bohl then kleiman.....current guy just doesn't have it down there.......same at und...total airballs on a lot of hires starting with mussy and then short selling us with gap fillers in kotelnicki ( i think he was d coordinator )and or luke when they weren't ready....

then missing the layup with deboer.....

bubba is who he is until proven otherwise....

On 11/27/2022 at 10:53 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

10 is still young and could improve. 84, 13, and 12 have no business being on a DI roster. They can transfer- give ‘em the green light. 

This just popped up on my screen and I had to question is. 

84 is young so I have no clue what is potential will be. 

But 13 made some nice contributions as a depth player and was 12 a pretty key part of our offense at times?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

This just popped up on my screen and I had to question is. 

84 is young so I have no clue what is potential will be. 

But 13 made some nice contributions as a depth player and was 12 a pretty key part of our offense at times?

As we have learned depth is very important, injuries are going to happen. I have no issues with any of these guys being on the roster. You never know who is going to make the play - last year both 13 and 12 made some pretty big plays. 

• Upvote 2

The BSU plan is: roll the dice and maybe get six successive home game wins for $125 ...

Now, Boise State is ... introducing a new "We Win, You Win" ticket promotion on Monday for its upcoming season.

Fans that purchase a $125 limited-edition ticket to Boise State's home opener against Central Florida on Sept. 9 can earn a complimentary ticket to its next home game against North Dakota – but only if Boise State wins. Whoever attends the next game with the complimentary ticket will receive another one if Boise State is victorious again.

So Boise fans will be getting UCF plus one game for $125. ;)  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/07/17/boise-state-football-ticket-promotion-2023-home-opener/70422750007/ 

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Mountain West preseason media poll

1-Boise State (28 1st place votes)

2-Air Force (2)

3-Fresno State (5)

4-San Diego State (1)

5-San José State

6-Wyoming

7-Colorado State

8-Utah State

9-UNLV (1)

10-Hawaii

11-Nevada

12-New Mexico

Our timing sounds about right, per usual. Oh welp, iron sharpens iron, right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

At 18:30 mark, MVFC commissioner says they are very close to finalizing negations with ESPN for an extension of the MVFC media deal - hopes to have updates by media day.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/big987fm/patty-viverito-commissioner-of-the-mvfc-

Do we know when the MVFC Media Day is?  i have been trying to find a date and haven't been able to as of yet. 

Edited by Wright4UND

10 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Our timing sounds about right, per usual. Oh welp, iron sharpens iron, right?

Rather play them when they’re good (as usual). UND needs to step up, not down. No need to baby the expectations anymore than they already have been. Just win, baby. Will this be a renaissance year for Bubba? I f*cking hope so. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Rather play them when they’re good (as usual). UND needs to step up, not down. No need to baby the expectations anymore than they already have been. Just win, baby. Will this be a renaissance year for Bubba? I f*cking hope so. 

Exactly. 

• Like 3

On 7/20/2023 at 8:25 AM, The Sicatoka said:

We played three quarter games at Fresno State, San Diego State, Texas Tech, and Nebraska. That's been the on-going DI era pattern.

Let's hope the latest lesson (Nebraska) and a better, deeper roster, and knowledge of this pattern, gets us to playing a four quarter game. 

They’ve been close, but close only counts in hand grenades and horse shoes. Just do it. Get the win. Let’s go. No better place than Boise to start it…