SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Nothings fishy. You've had a vendetta against Tommy from day 1 so you're just starting drama. It's a poster, who cares.

no vendetta...

your qb needs to be front and center...the leader.

maybe feeney starts against drake?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

q?

No.

What have you seen from Q in the last couple of years that would make you think he'd all of the sudden jump Tommy who is a Senior and I believe is listed as the 14th best FCS QB.....or somewhere around there. 

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

q?

Although I do agree with you that it is quite odd that Tommy is not on that poster. Even if Tommy is low key etc. a senior QB who has played as many games as he has.......has probably never in history not been on the main poster. But there could be multiple posters that were created and that was just one of them however. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Although I do agree with you that it is quite odd that Tommy is not on that poster. Even if Tommy is low key etc. a senior QB who has played as many games as he has.......has probably never in history not been on the main poster. But there could be multiple posters that were created and that was just one of them however. 

that's what i was wondering...did they make a few different ones?

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

if you can run you can cover / mask some of your shortcomings....

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Danny gets the nod. From what I hear he has the best grasp of the playbook.

Danny can recruit and creative plays.  UND is blessed.  Nice break before we play the bunnies.  Looking forward to his playbook.

21 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

or does that mean we might have a new starting qb against drake and they didn't wanna answer a lot of questions and who why when?

This doesn't even make sense. If they didn't want to raise questions or answer them, they would have put Tommy on the posted regardless.

Maybe Tommy didn't want to be on it. Maybe he was sick the day they took pictures. Maybe they didn't care which players were on it as much as getting the right pictures. 

It must be July if this is the conversation we are stretching for. If you think anyone except for Tommy will start the season, you're nuts. They're not going to sit a guy who has dominated our record books and been or most successful and consistent guy in a long time. I'm not saying Tommy is the best in the league, but you'd be crazy to think he isn't THE guy to start the season barring injury.

That being said, I am very intersted to see who #2 is. Sounded like Q would be working at TE some, though I hope they keep him at QB for the short yardage packages. Really hoping Feeney is ready to step up if needed.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

This doesn't even make sense. If they didn't want to raise questions or answer them, they would have put Tommy on the posted regardless.

Maybe Tommy didn't want to be on it. Maybe he was sick the day they took pictures. Maybe they didn't care which players were on it as much as getting the right pictures. 

It must be July if this is the conversation we are stretching for. If you think anyone except for Tommy will start the season, you're nuts. They're not going to sit a guy who has dominated our record books and been or most successful and consistent guy in a long time. I'm not saying Tommy is the best in the league, but you'd be crazy to think he isn't THE guy to start the season barring injury.

That being said, I am very intersted to see who #2 is. Sounded like Q would be working at TE some, though I hope they keep him at QB for the short yardage packages. Really hoping Feeney is ready to step up if needed.

My guess is Feeney is the 2, Romfo is the 3, Jerry K is at 4 but honestly... (I wouldn't be shocked if he quickly shot up the depth chart).

Q is the new Brockstar

Q taking reps at TE is a strong tell that someone else has moved up the QB chart in the standard packages. 
(Q still likely has a four to eight play short yardage QB package just for him.) 

One more thought:
Someone needs to tell Q that after a catch at TE it's OK to go down with full possession. Guys used to pile-struggling get stripped in the open field. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i do think that maybe part of und getting kaminski is he looked at the stable of QB's on the roster and said "easy money"...wouldn't be surprised if he makes a run as the 1

I'm looking forward to Kaminski and think he has potential to be really really good. But you have about as much of a chance of getting struck by lightning this summer.....as Kaminski as a true freshman beating out Tommy. If that should happen...we are in amazing hands at QB the next four years. 

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i do think that maybe part of und getting kaminski is he looked at the stable of QB's on the roster and said "easy money"...wouldn't be surprised if he makes a run as the 1

I'm hoping Jerry K is the four years after Schuster's career is complete, ... and there are still many pages to go into Tommy's book.