SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming

shep

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Two illegal man down field calls negating about 50 yards of plays.

My DVR still says "fumble". (I don't see a knee down unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.) 

And a phantom PI. 

And only down one at half. 

the view from the back instead of the side it appears his back was down on the turf before the ball came loose. That was probably the right call. The PI though, was not.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Two illegal man down field calls negating about 50 yards of plays.

My DVR still says "fumble". (I don't see a knee down unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.) 

And a phantom PI. 

And only down one at half. 

The first illegal man down the field call was probably somewhat legit as he probably drifted as Tommy rolled out to the right as he is the left guard. The second was  ridiculous and almost impossible with how quick Tommy threw the ball.

Game felt like it was on the verge of a blowout.

Now it feels like essentially like a tie Game.

Nice comeback from the Hawks.

Anyone's game at this point. 

One play. One penalty. gonna make the difference. Gotta keep some positive momentum going.

And a first possession TD after halftime would go a long way (with the good 2 point conversion! :).

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The first illegal man down the field call was probably somewhat legit as he probably drifted as Tommy rolled out to the right as he is the left guard. The second was  ridiculous and almost impossible with how quick Tommy threw the ball.

I was screaming that from the stands on second one. 

The difference in yardage would've been nice if on that overthrow from MSU on 3rd down the deep coverage guy would've made a little more attempt at possibly picking it off. Punt pushed us back.

Also one of the receptions the guy had a chance to step out of bounds and cut back in with little gain and clock kept running.

17 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Playing without a helmet 

I understand the intent of that penalty, but how exactly do you tell a FB player.

Hey, if your helmet goes off in the middle of the play, just chill so you don't get that penalty

It feel like that goes against everything that you are taught