SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

4 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Sheyenne tendy looks to have played a solid game based on the stats.  Perhaps hard to tell how many of those were grade A.

that EDC is gonna be wild. 

Agreed on EDC.  Any of the top six could make it.  I think RR and South are the only two locks, but everyone should be on alert.  After Watching Central last night I think they will be at the state tournament.  Playing in their home rink on Friday and Saturday of EDC should help.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Good game from Walz in the pipe and the Jays were opportunistic.  Good road win.  Gotta love listening to Morelli on PSP.  Calls it like it is. 

Coached a AAA team with Morelli for 2 summers when his son Mason and my daughter were on the team. He definitely has the gift of gab and he doesn’t sugar coat anything 

I was at Sheyenne vs. Davies last night and after a slow start Davies just took it to em in the 2nd and third.  Sheyenne has a slew of kids hurt and sickness, and just lost a forward to the dreaded mono bug which is a season ender with mandatory 6 weeks no contact.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I was at Sheyenne vs. Davies last night and after a slow start Davies just took it to em in the 2nd and third.  Sheyenne has a slew of kids hurt and sickness, and just lost a forward to the dreaded mono bug which is a season ender with mandatory 6 weeks no contact.

If the athlete recovers and does not have an enlarged spleen, he/she may not need to sit out 6 weeks especially if the spleen isn’t enlarged and the symptoms mild. Unfortunately, it also means sometimes they are out >6wks. 

I was looking at GPR roster and they've got 9 seniors on what is already a small roster.  They lose their one goalie after this season as well.  Hopefully they've got some numbers in bantams. 

Looks like they got 27 skaters in bantams between an A and a B team give or take.  Who knows how many move up.  

On 1/28/2023 at 1:24 PM, iramurphy said:

If the athlete recovers and does not have an enlarged spleen, he/she may not need to sit out 6 weeks especially if the spleen isn’t enlarged and the symptoms mild. Unfortunately, it also means sometimes they are out >6wks. 

Had a girl on the LHS/BHS with this exact issue.  2 weeks over Christmas and she was back.  

I was looking at GPR roster and they've got 9 seniors on what is already a small roster.  They lose their one goalie after this season as well.  Hopefully they've got some numbers in bantams. 

They have a really good goalie on their bantam A team who should step in and start right away next year. Would be nice to see their program get a little boost!

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

They look to have about 6/7 from the Bantam A team moving up so hopefully they can keep the program moving on.

As stated the goalie coming up should help and there's some talented skaters.

Tough to replace the Carter kid next year tho...

A competitive tiered system would, IMHO, help them, and others, grow into or back into relevant programs.

• Upvote 1