SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

18 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Williston starts the second with a goal for 2-1.

MPCG answers back with three.

5-1 Mayville Portland Clifford Galesburg (and I'm sure they have kids from Buxton, Reynolds, and Hillsboro too). 

5 from thompson on the roster.

my cousins kid is the goaltender

Bump it up, Time to get back into the swing of things. 

Lotta action tonight (Jan 3).  10 boys games and 3 girls.  On the boys side, CHS gets another crack at Minot.  South heading out to Mandan in what very well could be a 1st round state type of matchup in February.  Girls side, all 3 matchups should be good this evening.  Jamestown beat CHS early in the year, rivals WF and North/South, and Legacy-Bismarck v Minot is a massive 6 point game that'll have a huge affect on the standings come the end of the season.

Tuesday Boys Games

Mayville/Portland-C-G    [6-2-0]
Red Lake Falls [MN]     [-------]

Bismarck Century  [3-5-0]
Minot High   [7-1-0]

You can watch this game by going to www.psp.network.  Nick Hulberg and Matt Morelli will have the Play-by-Play with the Pre-Game show at 7:00 pm and Face-Off at 7:30 pm.

Williston  [3-5-0]
Bottineau/Rugby  [2-5-0]

G.F. Red River  [7-1-0]
East Grand Forks  [-------]

Jamestown   [3-3-0]
Bismarck Legacy   [3-5-1]

Dickinson    [4-4-1]
Bismarck High   [2-7-0]

Watford City Jr. Gold   [------]
Hazen/Beulah   [0-6-0]

W.F. Sheyenne   [4-6-0]
Devils Lake   [2-6-0]

W.F. Packers   [4-5-0]
Fargo North   [7-2-1]

Fargo South/Shanley  [9-2-0]
Mandan   [5-2-0]

Tuesday Girls Games

Fargo Davies    [5-1-0]
Grand Forks    [5-2-2]

Bismarck High/Legacy   [3-3-0]
Minot High    [3-3-1]

Bismarck Century    [1-5-2]
Jamestown    [3-5-0]

Honoring Lindsay Vogel at tonight’s Blue Jay girls game. She was on the first ever girls high school team and was assistant coach for 5 years. Died unexpectedly after a short illness. I went to school with both her parents. Awesome family 

Lindsey Vogel (Witthauer) of Jamestown passed away Sunday July 31, 2022 at Sanford Health, Fargo. Visitation will be Friday, August 5, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at Eddy Funeral Home. A Prayer Service will be held at 7:00 p.m., Friday, August 5, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Jamestown. Funeral Service will be 11:00 a.m., Saturday, August 6, 2022 at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Jamestown.

Lindsey Nicole Witthauer was born on Dec 19, 1985 to parents Paul and Lynnette (Goehner) Witthauer. Growing up, Lindsey took part in golf, hockey, soccer and band. She graduated from Jamestown High School in 2004 and then attended University of North Dakota. Lindsey graduated with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Entrepreneurship in 2009. On October 20, 2012, Lindsey was joined in marriage to Steve Vogel at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Jamestown. They returned to Jamestown where she joined the family business at Witthauer Financial Group on February 1, 2014. 

Lindsey was a very active member of the Jamestown community, volunteering for meals on wheels, being a member of YPJ, serving as a referee for high school soccer, coaching high school girls’ hockey, as well as coaching her kids in hockey with her husband, Steve. Together they enjoyed many adventures including traveling to Bora Bora, Belize, Cozumel as well as a good portion of the United States. When not spending time with her kids, Lindsey also enjoyed golfing, running, spending time out on the water as well as yearly girls’ trips. She was also an active member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, most recently serving as Treasurer. 

Lindsey is survived by her husband, Steve Vogel; kids, Emma and Oliver; siblings Molly and Phillip (Kiaunia) Witthauer and their son, Romulus; her parents Paul and Lynnette Witthauer; and grandmother, Florence Goehner

9DE0D2DC-78D1-4D0C-B5A1-692EEF713370.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Caught Willy this weekend in the capital city.  They actually…just played the game, nothing egregious.  

Speaking of Williston gotta tip the hat to their girls team.  They gave NS a heck of a game this weekend and beat WF.  They are in great shape to make the state tournament,  the final 6 weeks of the girls season is gonna be a brawl.  Besides Dickinson it appears any game could go either way.  Even DL…although they are thin they may have the best player in the state and another who is up there.  Regular season games are must win for some teams with no EDC/WDA or playin opportunity for state.  

boys side…GFC over North was sort of a surprise.  Davies looks to be finding something they gave red river a run and torched Minot 5-1.  

Big week of HS hockey coming up. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Caught Willy this weekend in the capital city.  They actually…just played the game, nothing egregious.  

Speaking of Williston gotta tip the hat to their girls team.  They gave NS a heck of a game this weekend and beat WF.  They are in great shape to make the state tournament,  the final 6 weeks of the girls season is gonna be a brawl.  Besides Dickinson it appears any game could go either way.  Even DL…although they are thin they may have the best player in the state and another who is up there.  Regular season games are must win for some teams with no EDC/WDA or playin opportunity for state.  

boys side…GFC over North was sort of a surprise.  Davies looks to be finding something they gave red river a run and torched Minot 5-1.  

16 from DL is very skilled.

3 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Wondering now that the girls have 12 teams that they couldn’t do a 6 team regional for the east and west. Say the top 2 teams get a bye and the bottom 4 play to see who would play the top 2 teams. Have the team with best record play at home then have remaining 4 teams from each conference have a 2 day regional at the top seeds rink. Have a little more incentive to win your regular season region. Just a thought 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Clark17 said:

16 from DL is very skilled.

Yes she is.  Get to catch her in the fall with Team ND.  Very fun to watch, especially when it's a full team.  Unfortunately in DL they just don't have the numbers.  She must log about 35+ minutes a night and half the time in D zone has to "conserve energy".  But when she does get the puck, watch out.  She's relentless.  10 is an extremely good defenseman too.  

54 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Wondering now that the girls have 12 teams that they couldn’t do a 6 team regional for the east and west. Say the top 2 teams get a bye and the bottom 4 play to see who would play the top 2 teams. Have the team with best record play at home then have remaining 4 teams from each conference have a 2 day regional at the top seeds rink. Have a little more incentive to win your regular season region. Just a thought 

I was thinking that this weekend.  There's not that many "blowouts" this season.  From what I've seen it's literally who shows up that day no matter which teams are on the ice.  The fight for the final 2 state spots will be a dog fight and the state tournament out of those 8 will quite literally be a toss up.  At a minimum it would  be nice to see some sort of play in system, but your idea sounds fantastic. 

Not a huge fan of the "6 point" games either.  There's some inequity there but it is what it is I guess.

9 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Davies looks to be finding something they gave red river a run and torched Minot 5-1.  

The Davies sophs took a few games to figure out their roles on the team and their new coach.

They're now contributing to the successes of the team.

On 12/28/2022 at 2:04 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Williston starts the second with a goal for 2-1.

MPCG answers back with three.

5-1 Mayville Portland Clifford Galesburg (and I'm sure they have kids from Buxton, Reynolds, and Hillsboro too). 

4 From Thompson, 4 From Northwood. The rest are MayPort kids.  I always find  it funny that this gets laughed at. You don't think Devils Lake, Jamestown, Grafton etc...are pulling kids from other school district's? At the end of the day, kids that want to play HS hockey are getting a chance.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, PuckLuck said:

4 From Thompson, 4 From Northwood. The rest are MayPort kids.  I always find  it funny that this gets laughed at. You don't think Devils Lake, Jamestown, Grafton etc...are pulling kids from other school district's? At the end of the day, kids that want to play HS hockey are getting a chance.

Jamestown co-ops with Valley City from peewees to high school 

21 minutes ago, PuckLuck said:

would have loved to have that option when i was a kid.....no dice when you came from a class b school

23 minutes ago, PuckLuck said:

I always find  it funny that this gets laughed at. 

I'm not laughing at it; I'm trying to get folks to understand the reach and commitment some of these programs take. 

Heck, I can drive to Clifford without a map or GPS. Who else can? :D 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm not laughing at it; I'm trying to get folks to understand the reach and commitment some of these programs take. 

Heck, I can drive to Clifford without a map or GPS. Who else can? :D 

i can, but it has been awhile...not sure i could do it without a beer or two, tho:D