SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Sheyenne defeated Jamestown 4-3 last night. Jays had a 3-1 lead going into the last 6 minutes of the game. Ouch 

Was at the game.  Jay's had a great second period, and had the third under control until Sheyenne got one and it snowballed on them.  They had a kid almost tie it late too on a rebound shot that hit the crossbar with under a minute to play.  I looked at the replay on the Mustang Media YouTube channel and it looks like the officials got the call correct.  Extremely close play. 

On 12/19/2022 at 6:30 AM, Johnny Five said:

Slow week with the storm, although RR did hammer Central and South got Sheyenne 5-0.  Gotta be the 2 best teams going as of now. 

I think one of those two teams is the state champion with the other holding the runner up trophy.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

And you didn't invite me along.
Been looking for an excuse to haunt that facility west of The Lights on Sheyenne and try Bar Down. 

It's a nice development.  The WFSA is a good high school rink.  Always good atmosphere at the games.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Was at the game.  Jay's had a great second period, and had the third under control until Sheyenne got one and it snowballed on them.  They had a kid almost tie it late too on a rebound shot that hit the crossbar with under a minute to play.  I looked at the replay on the Mustang Media YouTube channel and it looks like the officials got the call correct.  Extremely close play. 

Thanks for that summation. I could only watch the first period as I had hockey practice to go to. Team does miss Nenow 

GIRLS

WF with a nice win over Davies.  Mandan, Fargo North, Davies and WF appear to be the top 4 going with the rest of the state up for grabs.  Seeds 5-8 will be a toss up and will be a huge battle for the last spot to make the state tournament.  

2 Fargo Davies at West Fargo United 4    
  5 Mandan at Bismarck Century 0    
  7 Fargo North/South at Grand Forks 0    
  3 Devils Lake at Jamestown 5  

BOYS

Legacy 4th OT loss of the season.  Minot appears to be in control in the WDA, although it seems to be a shitshow depending on which night you play a team.  

5 Fargo Davies at West Fargo 1    
  1 Bottineau/Rugby at Williston 2    
  2 Bismarck High at Minot High 4    
  1 Wahpeton/Breck at Mayville-Portland-C-G 5    
  6 Fargo South/Shanley at Devils Lake 3    
  5 Mandan at Dickinson 6    
  6 Bismarck Century at Bismarck Legacy 5

I'm impressed with North.  They work so hard, and play the game the right way as far as the intangibles go.  With their goaltending they've got as good of a shot as anyone.

Still think it's RR or South in the end, but you can throw North into the conversation now.

• Upvote 2

Any of these games worth going to? 

Yet today (missed WFShey v River Falls):
Williston    at    West Fargo         4:00 PM    The Lights @ West Fargo
Bemidji    at    Fargo Davies         7:00 PM    The Lights @ West Fargo

Tomorrow (Wed Jan 28):
River Falls    at    West Fargo         4:00 PM    The Lights @ West Fargo
Williston    at    Mayville-Portland-C-G         1:00 PM    The Lights @ West Fargo
Bemidji    at    West Fargo Sheyenne         7:00 PM    <-- At the indoor arena

7 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Is there a mercy rule where they end it with a certain goal differential as I saw the RR Bis game was ended after 2 periods?

There should’ve been but the Zamboni broke down,  so the Zam gods showed mercy.  

not sure that bhs will be showing up on future GF schedules. 

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wed Jan 28:
River Falls    at    West Fargo         4:00 PM    The Lights @ West Fargo
Williston    at    Mayville-Portland-C-G         1:00 PM    The Lights @ West Fargo

Bemidji    at    West Fargo Sheyenne         7:00 PM    <-- At the indoor arena

The bold games are on MidcoSN today (including the app). 

I figured that out when I found Bemidji/Davies on there last night. (The small kid for Bemidji is a real pest. <-- compliment ) 

4 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

There should’ve been but the Zamboni broke down,  so the Zam gods showed mercy.  

not sure that bhs will be showing up on future GF schedules. 

Now that Rerick got ran out of town I doubt we will see this series continuing. 

new ad is from mn and believe he wants to get the gf schools if possible in to a mn tournament