SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

37 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Holy smokers! RR had 81 SOG. But even letting in eight goals, the DL goalie had the better save percentage. 

Kid could be pretty dang good by the tune he graduates with all the shots he’s seeing. He’s only a sophomore. Devils Lake bantam team is pretty good this year so by the time he is a senior he will have some help in front of him 

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Holy smokers! RR had 81 SOG. But even letting in eight goals, the DL goalie had the better save percentage. 

Devils Lake has never done a great job of tracking shots at high school games.  When Sheyenne was there earlier this year they had Devils Lake with 44 shots and Sheyenne with 50.  So 94 shots on goal in a 51 minute hockey game?   Or one shot on goal per team per minute....ummm...

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

80FC2F88-3814-4D3C-8867-7AAC845C230A.jpeg

How are points calculated? I don't understand how GFC is ahead of RR.

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Devils Lake has never done a great job of tracking shots at high school games.  When Sheyenne was there earlier this year they had Devils Lake with 44 shots and Sheyenne with 50.  So 94 shots on goal in a 51 minute hockey game?   Or one shot on goal per team per minute....ummm...

Maybe they have confused attempted shots with SOG.

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The ever evolving “shots near the goal.” 

3 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

How are points calculated? I don't understand how GFC is ahead of RR.

Maybe they have confused attempted shots with SOG.

Was just going to say...

Sometimes the box workers miss or don't understand the ON part of SOG... or are extreamly liberal in it.... or sometimes (moreso in bantams and younger)... the goalie's dad.*

* Not saying that's what happened there, RR is a wagon and can put up a heck of a lot of shots in a very short time.

4 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

One of Central's wins was for six points.

One of RR's wins was in OT, so they only get two points for that win.

I thought you were kidding about the six points but I looked at the rules. Right you are. I don't think there were six-point games when I played but that was a couple, or a few, or many years ago. Alright decades!

Years ago (like 22 give or take) Bottineau was in Devils Lake during a holiday tournament playing against West Fargo.  The Bottineau goalie was given credit for 86 saves in a 5-3 game that West Fargo won.  That was back when it was 15 minute periods as well.  I remember it because we played Bottineau the next game and beat them handedly, but only had like 45 shots on net and people were asking us why West Fargo (who had yet to ever make a state tournament at that time) could have twice as many shots as we did.  

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Years ago (like 22 give or take) Bottineau was in Devils Lake during a holiday tournament playing against West Fargo.  The Bottineau goalie was given credit for 86 saves in a 5-3 game that West Fargo won.  That was back when it was 15 minute periods as well.  I remember it because we played Bottineau the next game and beat them handedly, but only had like 45 shots on net and people were asking us why West Fargo (who had yet to ever make a state tournament at that time) could have twice as many shots as we did.  

WF wore the tendy out for ya lol....

CHS Mandan on PSP Network tonight.  Huge game for seed jockeying in the WDA.  Mandan won the first match 1-0.  North and Davies should be a good one out east.  Girls side North vs Davies, 1 v 2 (as of today) in the state.    

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I thought you were kidding about the six points but I looked at the rules. Right you are. I don't think there were six-point games when I played but that was a couple, or a few, or many years ago. Alright decades!

I graduated from Jamestown High back in 79’. We were in the EDC at the time. We then were split in north and south divisions. North had GF RR, GF Central, Devils Lake, Grafton, Cando(folded in 78’), Park River(same as Cando I believe), Minot, and Bottineau. South had Bismarck High, Bismarck Century, Bismarck St Mary’s, Jamestown, Fargo South, Fargo North, and Shanley. We played everyone twice in the south and played the north once a season. 2 points per game is what I recall 

23 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I graduated from Jamestown High back in 79’. We were in the EDC at the time. We then were split in north and south divisions. North had GF RR, GF Central, Devils Lake, Grafton, Cando(folded in 78’), Park River(same as Cando I believe), Minot, and Bottineau. South had Bismarck High, Bismarck Century, Bismarck St Mary’s, Jamestown, Fargo South, Fargo North, and Shanley. We played everyone twice in the south and played the north once a season. 2 points per game is what I recall 

Pffft - youngster:D. I don't remember Cando or Park River having a team. 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Still blows my mind that SMCHS had a team for a short time.  

wish there was an equitable way to do 6 point games.  Especially on the girls side.  Having a 6 pointer against Dickinson for one team isn’t exactly the same as having WF, Minot or GF for another. 

perhaps the only way to get away from that it to increase game counts so teams can keep their holiday tournaments and non conference games.  

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sheyenne sweeps GFC in the season series with a 3-1 win tonight in West Fargo.  Reffs put the whistles away, could have been a few but they just let the kids play. 

Sheyenne tendy looks to have played a solid game based on the stats.  Perhaps hard to tell how many of those were grade A.

that EDC is gonna be wild.