SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

Upcoming week...both boys and girls seem a bit quiet this week.  The calm before the storm.  

WDA: LHS/CHS tuesday night, both have won 8 straight.  CHS took the first one in a wild game in OT, this is a big one in regards to fighting for the top seed.  CHS/Jamestown also do a home and home Thursday and Friday.  BHS and Dickinson is huge for seeding purposes.    

EDC: North v South on Friday is the biggest game of the week.  GFC has a great non conference week getting to play Section 8 EGF and Warroad Thursday and Saturday.  I do believe Panzer is back for GFC.

Girls: Davies and WF Tuesday looks to be the biggest battle for the top half of the standings.  Bottom half of the standings the next 3 weeks will be insane.  GF and Williston have a cushion on 6 and 7 with the 2 Bis teams fighting for 8 and Jamestown in 9.  There's still some massive head to head games coming however and GF has played 2 more games than Williston and 4 more than the 2 Bismarck teams (and they have a 6 pointer with the CHS girls).  All teams still have head to heads with each other too.  It's going to be a wild finish for 6-7-8.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Five said:

Just 1-8 unfortunately.  Would be nice for some sort of play in system.  

As mentioned before I think they could do an east and west regional with 6 teams in each division. Top 2 teams in the east and west get byes and the other 8 teams play to see who plays them in the semis. Will it happen? I highly doubt it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Abrahamson girl from Devils Lake leading the state in scoring by a fairly wide margin even though she plays on a weak team.  Teammate tied for second.  I see that they've filled their roster out with 7th and 8th graders.  Tough to compete.

Yeah she is electric, IMO the best player in the state - maybe that's obvious based on the stats.  She's a threat anytime the puck is on her stick.  The second leading scorer is a defenseman who is very good (believe she drives from Grafton).  Depth is the biggest issue their second line drops way off and they roll 3 d for the most part.  I do believe they took Fargo North to OT earlier this year...that's a good example of a team who you wouldn't wanna see in a "play in game" as we were just talking about.  

For example...Dickinson took GF to OT on Friday night (lost to Minot 3-2 earlier in the week).  Abrahamson turns around and scores 6x on Dickinson Saturday.  

16 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Yeah she is electric, IMO the best player in the state - maybe that's obvious based on the stats.  She's a threat anytime the puck is on her stick.  The second leading scorer is a defenseman who is very good (believe she drives from Grafton).  Depth is the biggest issue their second line drops way off and they roll 3 d for the most part.  I do believe they took Fargo North to OT earlier this year...that's a good example of a team who you wouldn't wanna see in a "play in game" as we were just talking about.  

For example...Dickinson took GF to OT on Friday night (lost to Minot 3-2 earlier in the week).  Abrahamson turns around and scores 6x on Dickinson Saturday.  

Would love to see her play before she graduates.  Hope she doesn't leave before her senior year for juniors or whatever it is girls leave for.  Without the playin scenario, DL will have to pretty much win 4 of their last 5 to make the state tourney.  Didn't realize that the defenseman drives all the way from Grafton.  Now there's someone who loves hockey!

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Kudos to Devils Lake on the win against Davies.  That muddles things up in the EDC quite a bit more.  Also sets up a battle for the 7th seed between them and West Fargo for who gets to host Mayport in the 7-10 play in game.

That sophomore goalie for Devils Lake is really good and will obviously only get better. They have a damn good bantam team right now so in a couple years I can see them back in the state tourney 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

With a win tonight South/Shanley would rap up the EDC regular season championship.  A loss and very likely Red River. 

North's goalie was the first star in the first game IMO. South got completely outworked to boot. I expected a different game and outcome tonight in the Coliseum.

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

North's goalie was the first star in the first game IMO. South got completely outworked to boot. I expected a different game and outcome tonight in the Coliseum.

North's goalie got them again.  2-0 Spartans.  Red River wins the EDC if they beat Davies on Tuesday. 

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

North's goalie got them again.  2-0 Spartans.  Red River wins the EDC if they beat Davies on Tuesday. 

43 saves. SOG were 43-21. North got an ENG to seal it. Was a great HS hockey game. Have watched North twice...both vs South. So two games....kid has no goals allowed on 80+ shots.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

43 saves. SOG were 43-21. North got an ENG to seal it. Was a great HS hockey game. Have watched North twice...both vs South. So two games....kid has no goals allowed on 80+ shots.

Same kid gave up 9 goals to Sheyenne in a 6-3 loss and a 4-1 loss (EN).

Been a wild year in the EDC.  Here is how I think it ends.

1. RR

2. South

3. Central

4. North

5. Sheyenne

6. Davies

7. WF

8. DL

9. GPR 

10. Mayport 

Speaking of goalies…GF girls goalie was out of her mind last night.  45 saves against Legacy-Bismarck, finally gave up a PP goal in pileup in the crease with 2 minutes left in a 1-0 game. Gf had played Jamestown the night before and it looked like their legs were a bit dead from that, so she carried that team.  SOG were 46-16 and it ends 1-0, Baker was out of her mind.  Very good goalie.