SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Are you asking if they are gaining something from when DeBoer was OC/QB coach for 3 seasons, the most recent being 2016? I mean, they are 35-34 since he left and were 10-27 while he was there? Maybe Chris Creighton figured something out to not be a such a doormat?

something changed at Eastern....gonna have a nine win season with a bowl victory. having a winner pass thru your program even for a short time can change the culture?

On 12/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I believe UND could do a turn-around this fast with an internal hire.

Looks like that's what MoiSt did (Beard was the DC). 

But, but I thought hiring within, when the program hasn't been great, is the WRONG thing to do.

One big change that nobody is mentioning.  Maybe a quality  comparison between the current and former EMU coaching staff isn't exactly Apples to Apples.  Likewise, maybe SDSU's coach didn't spontaneously become a better coach after 20 years by moving FCS.  Maybe Bubba actually does have a higher ceiling than some are willing to admit.

What changed at EMU?  Did they finally get rid of "bad" coaches such as DeBoer and hire a good coaching staff or was it something else?  I think the quality of a coach isn't as black and white, good or bad, as so many want to believe.

https://emueagles.com/facilities/student-athlete-performance-center/36

More than 300 alumni, donors and guests joined staff from the Eastern Michigan University Department of Athletics and campus administration to usher in a new era in EMU athletics with the grand opening of the Student-Athlete Performance Center, Aug. 27, 2019. In use by student-athletes since mid-July, the event welcomed members of the public to the new facility for the first time.

The first major construction project on the athletics campus since the opening of the Convocation Center in 1998, the Student Athlete Performance Center is the first phase of the athletic department's plan to build a safe and highly-effective atmosphere for its student-athletes through the continual revitalization of its facilities and athletic campus.

Breaking ground in the fall of 2018, the new sports medicine and training facilities provides a 63,000 square foot structure that houses the sports medicine, performance and equipment operations areas. Additionally, the facility has locker rooms, coaches' offices, and meeting spaces for the football team, while also including a new video board inside Rynearson Stadium. Designed to enhance the student-athlete and fan experience at Eastern Michigan, the two story building offers a wide variety of operational spaces and amenities which allow for that goal to be met.

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i now eastern mich is FBS but technically they are kinda FCS...but anyways....they used to be an embarrassement...but they are beating up sjsu in bowl game....are they still reaping some benefits of the kalen daboer experiment from a few years ago?

I don’t think you should be allowed to use the word “embarrassment”………

• 2 weeks later...

Mpls morning paper has a big article about how NDSU recruits in MN. The head coach and 10 of his staff came last year for a 2 day stay and visited 60 to 70% of the high schools in MN (seriously?). The head coach describes the continual flow of MN talent as “critical.” “They were viewed as borderline recruits but developed into over achievers - and NFL prospects in some cases - under terrific coaching.”Between the 2 teams there will be 45 players with ties to MN.

Humility at JuiceU seems to be in short supply.