SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

The Forum guys pointed this out and it's something I found interesting. I assumed with the likes of JMU, Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State leaving that it would be easier than ever to make the playoffs. As it's playing out that has not been the case (see #3 MVFC being a potential bubble team). The reasoning being that every team in those conferences now has one less loss than they would have had. Ultimately, the top teams leaving has had the opposite effect that I would have thought.

If SOS is considered the most UND will be fine.  However JMU, Sam H and Jacksonville would pound down about 8or 9 team now considered for playoffs.

30 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

If SOS is considered the most UND will be fine.  However JMU, Sam H and Jacksonville would pound down about 8or 9 team now considered for playoffs.

-If it SOS considered at all, UND should be fine (and they are on record saying it is). Should end at #2 in the country.
-They are taking into account if teams were ranked when you played/beat them. #24 UNI and #7 MSU are good wins there.
-Wins against teams under consideration: YSU and ACU help there.
-Stats Poll, UND is up to #16. Finally cracked the Coach's Poll so that's at least not a mark against UND.
-The MVFC is the top rated conference by Sagarin. Assuming tomorrow doesn't go UND's way, I'm not sure how you possibly end up with 2 seeded teams and no one else?
-And I think UND is a legitimate contender for a seed if they win tomorrow. How are the options a)being seeded or b)not making it. That doesn't add up to me.
-Not sure who is in the room advocating for UND. Larsen from NDSU actually has a lot of incentive as, if they win tomorrow, UND would be the highest win on their schedule. They are obviously looking to be a #4 or better. Montana's AD could be indirectly fighting for his own team as a bubble candidate, so that's not great. 

Selection Committee
Patriot League - Bucknell AD Jermaine Truax
Pioneer Football League -Drake AD Brian Hardin
Big South Conference - Robert Morris AD Chris King
Big Sky Conference - Montana AD Kent Haslam
Southern Conference - Chattanooga AD Mark Wharton
Missouri Valley Football Conference - North Dakota State AD Matt Larsen
Colonial Athletic Association - Stony Brook AD Shawn Heilbron
Southland Conference - Houston Christian AD Steve Moniaci
Ohio Valley Conference - Eastern Illinois AD Tom Michael
Northeast Conference - CCSU AD Thomas Pincince
ASUN-WAC - Eastern Kentucky AD Matt Roan

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

UND Fan viewing guide. Two categories. Cheering for the team that is bolded.

Most Important (Home / Favorite to win)

• Mercer @ Samford - 12pm
  • Montana @ Montana State - 1pm
  • Stephen F. Austin @ ACU - 2:30pm
  • UC Davis @ Sac. State - 4pm
  • OVC Coin Flip - SEMO

Cheering for upsets 

• UNH @ Maine - 11am
  • Wofford @ Furman - 11am
  • Albany @ Rhode Island - 12pm
  • Delaware @ Villanova - 12pm
  • Chattanooga @ Western Carolina - 12pm
  • Idaho @ Idaho State - 2pm
  • Kennesaw State @ EKU - 2pm

The top list are the games we've heard about all week. If Davis wins, they are in, lose they are out. Montana wins they are in; lose they are on the bubble. Mercer wins they are in; lose they are on the bubble. 

The second category are games that I've picked out where I believe the favorite is either presumed in or a bubble team that is anticipated to win the final week. These upsets would throw a curve ball in current projections. 

You forgot one:

UND @ NDSU-2:30 pm

Win and in!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

If the griz lose, they should NOT get into the playoffs. They’ll have zero wins against teams with a winning record. 

What would be fitting.  Both Griz and Bison lose and the Bison head to mizzo to play the Griz.  Not that would be fun.

• Upvote 1