SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

50 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Then why isn't there a new rfp?

Shocking that nobody was willing to jump through the hoops UND was demanding. BEK, if they are in the picture, would not have the means to do everything or the quality they are asking for. MIDCO would be broadcasting SDSU road FB games long before they would show UND road games. WDAY/WDAZ does NDSU road games already and will not do both. That leaves KVLY. 

13 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Shocking that nobody was willing to jump through the hoops UND was demanding. BEK, if they are in the picture, would not have the means to do everything or the quality they are asking for. MIDCO would be broadcasting SDSU road FB games long before they would show UND road games. WDAY/WDAZ does NDSU road games already and will not do both. That leaves KVLY. 

Completely guessing, based on zero facts.  I'll wait for an actual release.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

When @gfhockeyis making a claim, just assume the opposite is true. 

lol, this forum is wild sometimes...they are still in the middle of the initial RFP process.

Crazy that some people think that State Government moves that quickly that they were able to complete an RFP of this size and start a new one in that short of time is just wild. The forest of red tape with state government is THICCCC, they aren't getting through it that quickly.

I thought some of the UND broadcasts were as good as any when they did in house.

we better hope midco gets the bid, with all,Und required I don’t think anyone will bid that, just my 2 cents.

hope that ESPN has a lot of the games 

Don't most of you "speculators" (aka NDSU fans)  have a pathetic "NFL never-was QB's modern version of a Jehovah Witness knocking at your doors with pamphlets charity softball tournament" BROADCAST coming up on KVLY?   That should be very compelling MUST WATCH TV for you!   So go away.

UND will take care of their own TV rights in their own time.   The delay is from their end from what I hear.

PS - By the way - sorry to see Beth Houle leave KVLY - she was quite the sports journalist:lol:   Now they have a used car salesman in a red suit - Dan Hammer is turning over in his own future grave with a traditional circle of sticks all around him.  SAD!

9 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Midco called our bluff and won

bad on chaves 

UND asked for the MOON!  Wanted Midco to do all the work they do plus more games AND replace their marketing staff - WWAYYY too much!  Nice try - come back to earth Chaves.   WDAY is just messing with you - they can't deliver.

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

That would be an upgrade for NDSU. I love Jack calling games. Reminds me of listening to games while hunting down the backroads of ND with my late grandpa. Ah the good ole days…….

Yeah Florida St. screwed up - they missed Jack.

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

Yeah Florida St. screwed up - they missed Jack.

FSU fans on Twitter sure are thrilled huh? Who knew we were listening to real, elite D1 talent….

I do wonder what Jeff is going to be smug about when he no longer works for the best team in the country……

so is this Brake’s big break so we can hear some more elite play by play talent on the biggest stage in the state?

Not too concerned about ndsu  or Florida state broadcasts

a lot of crossover broadcasters for UND and ndsu, I guess you go with who pays you.

didn’t like Schultz until he did UND football

i just hope we get our act together and get our sports teams on the air statewide like they should be

you would think the marketing team is already behind in getting advertisers on board for this fall

23 hours ago, gfhockey said:

They did. 

19 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Midco called our bluff and won

bad on chaves 

14 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Jack michaels to ndsu after culhane gone

Quoting for some posterity.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

FSU fans on Twitter sure are thrilled huh? Who knew we were listening to real, elite D1 talent….

I do wonder what Jeff is going to be smug about when he no longer works for the best team in the country……

so is this Brake’s big break so we can hear some more elite play by play talent on the biggest stage in the state?

So jealous 

21 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

lol, this forum is wild sometimes...they are still in the middle of the initial RFP process.

Crazy that some people think that State Government moves that quickly that they were able to complete an RFP of this size and start a new one in that short of time is just wild. The forest of red tape with state government is THICCCC, they aren't getting through it that quickly.

Your buddy Schlossy said they would make a decision in the first 2 weeks of June.  Maybe the bids are an embarrassment of riches and they are having a hard time deciding.