SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

That is Beal, pretty sure.  I wonder where Hurst is then?  She was the second 4 star recruit.   Hopefully something didnt happen!  

Actually looking at it a second time it could be DJ.   Then I am wondering where both our 4 stars are!? 

Edited by NewUndFan
Correct message
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

That is Beal, pretty sure.  I wonder where Hurst is then?  She was the second 4 star recruit.   Hopefully something didnt happen!  

Actually looking at it a second time it could be DJ.   Then I am wondering where both our 4 stars are!? 

Hurst should be arriving in GF today I believe. 

• Like 1

Any news how summer practices are going and if any of the newcomers are making impression to coaches or team as whole. Also is everyone there and if all are healthy now for the coming season. My hope this is productive off season because i really believe if everyone lives up to their billing we could become one of top three in the conference this coming year. Jackrabbits are going to be preseason favorite and probably will win the conference if they stay healthy. I really believe we can surpass South Dakota this year and next few years be playing for conference championship if this team develops and stays together.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Any news how summer practices are going and if any of the newcomers are making impression to coaches or team as whole. Also is everyone there and if all are healthy now for the coming season. My hope this is productive off season because i really believe if everyone lives up to their billing we could become one of top three in the conference this coming year. Jackrabbits are going to be preseason favorite and probably will win the conference if they stay healthy. I really believe we can surpass South Dakota this year and next few years be playing for conference championship if this team develops and stays together.

I agree with this assessment.  There is a lot to like with this squad but there are still some things that need to come together still in order for them to take the next step. 

Could be a All Dakota top 4 this year. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was looking at the women's site has 2022-2023 roster but has none of the signees listed wondering why that is now shouldn't they be enrolled for this fall by now so they can be listed.  I sure hope we haven't had any loss of signees over the summer. I still think this could be year where we step forward in the conference and become a factor to be one of the top 3 teams in the conference. If we could have year like that we could see us playing after the conference tournament. This is will how we rebuild this program to become a factor in the Summit League. 

19 minutes ago, und1995 said:

They must be slow to update the roster. Darcy Jardine and Nakiyah Hurst were featured in a workout photo on UND WBB instagram page. That’s two of the freshmen class so far unless i missed others.

Maybe waiting for others to hit campus.

• Like 1

I am sure others have been there this summer i did see picture of some other recruits. I just think the UND athletic department needs to work on their promotional of their sports to the public. Like release of their schedules, rosters, and getting promotional pieces out on their players and coaches to the public to keep their fans interested and updated. I see this with other schools.  To keep interest and build a following you need a presence in your community and social media involved with the school that is the way it works today. I only see this with the hockey team but it needs to happen with other sports at UND and my guess reason we see it with hockey that is Ralph Englestad Arena people are involved for hockey but we need athletic department needs to start stepping up promoting other UND sports.  This will not only help for fans but also for the various sports in recruiting and retention of players in the future. That is my opinion and i may be wrong but then why we do it for hockey and not the other sports.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

I am sure others have been there this summer i did see picture of some other recruits. I just think the UND athletic department needs to work on their promotional of their sports to the public. Like release of their schedules, rosters, and getting promotional pieces out on their players and coaches to the public to keep their fans interested and updated. I see this with other schools.  To keep interest and build a following you need a presence in your community and social media involved with the school that is the way it works today. I only see this with the hockey team but it needs to happen with other sports at UND and my guess reason we see it with hockey that is Ralph Englestad Arena people are involved for hockey but we need athletic department needs to start stepping up promoting other UND sports.  This will not only help for fans but also for the various sports in recruiting and retention of players in the future. That is my opinion and i may be wrong but then why we do it for hockey and not the other sports.

A new video/media person was just hired and started within the last week or so. Hopefully that will be a big step in the right direction.

So if that is Hurst -Do we know if these others have reported - specifically Beal?

Nodak78

Posted January 13

On 1/13/2022 at 4:46 PM,  ND-fan said: 

I have lost track here but how many commits do we have for next year and how many openings. I thought we have signed several people point guard from michigan, the four star recruit from Michigan, and one girl from Minnesota. But i may be wrong on these and i thought we would have only 3 to 4 openings in scholarships.  Maybe there others that may not be returning next year i am not aware of. I would appreciate somebody putting this all together where we stand on signings and scholarships available.

2022 signees

SG Mikayla Aumer, 5'9“, Mora (Cambridge-Isanti), MN

G Rakiyah Beal, 5’10”, Detroit (Detroit Edison), MI (4 Star - ESPN) Had offers from IL, WVU, Zavier, Temple

G/F Nakiyah Hurst, 5'11”, Milwaukee (Academy of Science), WI (4 Star - ESPN) Had offers from DePaul, Stetson, Vanderbilt, UNO, Seton Hall, TN St & Wisconsin-Milwaukee

PG Amanda Roach, 5'7“, Brighton (Hartland), MI