SiouxSports.com Forum

Red Cows from OMAHA! @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

31 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Picked him in my Sioux Survivor :) Just a hunch! Kid has been working so hard and he deserves it.

By difference makers doesn't always mean lighting up the scoreboard.  When we can roll 4 lines which they allow us to do every weekend now it can create good matchups for both them and our other lines i.e. if we were only able to play 3 lines. Such a big deal to have a 4th line that you can put out at almost any time of the game.

• Upvote 1

So, I saw this in CHN and I'm just kind of confused... Why does Omaha feel like we give two shits about them?

“These games are always easy to get up for,” said Omaha goaltender Isaiah Saville. “There’s a lot of history between us, especially last year when it kind of was amplified towards the end of the season. Seeing each other six times in five weeks definitely showed the rivalry we have and how passionate everyone is about it, and It’s definitely a war out there. I know both sides look forward to these games a lot, so this weekend is no different.”

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, I saw this in CHN and I'm just kind of confused... Why does Omaha feel like we give two shits about them?

“These games are always easy to get up for,” said Omaha goaltender Isaiah Saville. “There’s a lot of history between us, especially last year when it kind of was amplified towards the end of the season. Seeing each other six times in five weeks definitely showed the rivalry we have and how passionate everyone is about it, and It’s definitely a war out there. I know both sides look forward to these games a lot, so this weekend is no different.”

Yah, Seville, things did get heated up when Joey Abate speared Jamernik before a faceoff! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Exactly! Omaha players and fans consider it a rivalry. To me and many UND fans I know, Omaha is another opponent on the conference schedule. It can definitely turn into a rivalry once Omaha starts winning trophies and upsets UND in important games. I use to not think of Duluth as a rival but those !@#$ers have crept up in the rivalry rankings cause of their success and beating UND in big games. :angry:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Exactly! Omaha players and fans consider it a rivalry. To me and many UND fans I know, Omaha is another opponent on the conference schedule. It can definitely turn into a rivalry once Omaha starts winning trophies and upsets UND in important games. I use to not think of Duluth as a rival but those !@#$ers have crept up in the rivalry rankings cause of their success and beating UND in big games. :angry:

They might not have any trophies..... but their coach is a !@#!$!. So you have to give them that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Yah, Seville, things did get heated up when Joey Abate speared Jamernik before a faceoff! 

Joey Abate is one of the biggest hacks to skate into the Ralph in some time. I wonder how long it will take for him to cheap shot someone? He cause that brawl last year. There was also a reason Pinto crossed checked him the year before. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Goon said:

Joey Abate is one of the biggest hacks to skate into the Ralph in some time. I wonder how long it will take for him to cheap shot someone? He cause that brawl last year. There was also a reason Pinto crossed checked him the year before. 

I don't know why, but when I see Abate I always think of this guy...:D

Bill Laimbeer of the Detroit Pistons reacts to a call during a game against the Sacramento Kings played on December 8, 1990 at Arco Arena in...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Which UND team will we see tonight?
The one that beat SCSU and swept DU?  Or the one that got swept by Cornell and lost to PSU?

Precisely.  When this team is dialed in and ready to go, they are very good.  Otherwise....

34 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Great opportunity for the Bast/Johnson duo to shine on D. They need to step up. 

Agreed.  Good time for those two to get some solid minutes, hopefully they're able to play well and get some experience.

What's going on with Budy?  Is he still injured?  On Schloss' line chart, he just lists him as a scratch, not injured.