SiouxSports.com Forum

Red Cows from OMAHA! @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, mattim said:

If there was room for 4 stars I’d include Gaber

Agree but under the circumstances I thought Moore really stepped up. He was more responsible defensively last night. He doesn't always give you that. Kudos to him.

I thought ND made some headsy plays to take advantage of rush opportunities last night, and Omaha probably deserved a few more goals.  Boys need to be reduce turnovers and get more zone time going tonight or the results may be opposite.  A win is a win, but 20 shots is not going to do it normally.

• Upvote 1

I thought our forwards gave extra attention to defensive support / assignments in our own zone last night.   Very few times an Omahahaha player was wide open.    We still need to cut down turnovers in our defensive, which are what gave Omahahaha some long stretches of riding time.  

Overall though, the best I can say is that we didn't seem to miss Sanderson as much as I had feared. Good job boys.

• Upvote 1

It's fortunate Omaha didn't score on the many chances they had early, because our team isn't well equipped for comebacks.  So far, at least.  Driscoll was big at that crucial time.  I still think these boys have heart and are being well coached. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I thought our forwards gave extra attention to defensive support / assignments in our own zone last night.   Very few times an Omahahaha player was wide open.    We still need to cut down turnovers in our defensive, which are what gave Omahahaha some long stretches of riding time.  

Overall though, the best I can say is that we didn't seem to miss Sanderson as much as I had feared. Good job boys.

Agree fully. However with Sanderson I bet our shot count is 5-10 more. He’s such an offensive force. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, burd said:

It's fortunate Omaha didn't score on the many chances they had early, because our team isn't well equipped for comebacks.  So far, at least.  Driscoll was big at that crucial time.  I still think these boys have heart and are being well coached. 

That's the Driscoll I expected to see all season.