SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Miami -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

With Ford and Sendo likely both playing, what does that do to our lines? 

I've liked Costantini playing center, but I think we need him in the top 6, IMO. 

As far as I'm concerned, that Kunz-Ness-Albrecht line earned some ice this weekend. 

Last Saturday we were here:

image.png.d85207e78afc0c3720be9870c051d356.png

I think I keep them close to this. Top two stay the same. Slide Costantini over to Portz's spot, Ford takes that center spot with Calder. Make a pick between Portz, Bast, and Johnson as the last spot. I'd favor Portz, but I also want Johnson to get some ice. We'll see.

5-2 UND win -- Sanderson, Hain, Senden, Gaber x2 

50 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

With Ford and Sendo likely both playing, what does that do to our lines? 

I've liked Costantini playing center, but I think we need him in the top 6, IMO. 

As far as I'm concerned, that Kunz-Ness-Albrecht line earned some ice this weekend. 

Last Saturday we were here:

image.png.d85207e78afc0c3720be9870c051d356.png

I think I keep them close to this. Top two stay the same. Slide Costantini over to Portz's spot, Ford takes that center spot with Calder. Make a pick between Portz, Bast, and Johnson as the last spot. I'd favor Portz, but I also want Johnson to get some ice. We'll see.

5-2 UND win -- Sanderson, Hain, Senden, Gaber x2 

Do they keep Costantini at center since he likes to play center and has performed well there?   Maybe they put Ford with Calder and Budy and put Costantini back with Kunz and Portz.    Nice to have depth.   Kunz has kind of been in and out,  so wouldn't be surprised to see Ness either. 

25 minutes ago, tnt said:

Do they keep Costantini at center since he likes to play center and has performed well there?   Maybe they put Ford with Calder and Budy and put Costantini back with Kunz and Portz.    Nice to have depth.   Kunz has kind of been in and out,  so wouldn't be surprised to see Ness either. 

I'm very curious. Totally forgot about Budy.

57 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Boy I sure hope Johnson is hurt....tough to be sitting considering we could have just brought in Morrow and he wouldn't have bolted. Curious what the deal with Budy is...didn't he play top 6 at times last year?

Hard to be an effective freshman D-man when you come in from an injury and you weigh a 160 and there’s more “men” in college hockey than ever before with covid eligible year extension.

Coaches know what they’re doing. He’ll have to be patient. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Boy I sure hope Johnson is hurt....tough to be sitting considering we could have just brought in Morrow and he wouldn't have bolted. Curious what the deal with Budy is...didn't he play top 6 at times last year?

This has me confused as well. I really thought he was slated to play wing with Ford and Calder once healthy and Senden was just the filler there until he returned. I'm wondering if he just isn't fully healthy as of yet as I was hoping he was going to be one of the forwards stepping up to help out the scoring this year.