SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Quinnipiac

siouxfan512

This will be a tough series.  Quinnipiac is an older, experienced team, especially compared to how many newcomers are in our lineup.
They've only allowed 2 goals all season in four games, with three of their games being shutout wins.

Hopefully Budy is ready to go and we'll need big weekends from Gaber & Sanderson.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

This will be a tough series.  Quinnipiac is an older, experienced team, especially compared to how many newcomers are in our lineup.
They've only allowed 2 goals all season in four games, with three of their games being shutout wins.

Hopefully Budy is ready to go and we'll need big weekends from Gaber & Sanderson.

They hit the portal probably close to as hard as we did in the off season so they lost a bit of their production from last year. 

28 minutes ago, brianvf said:

... is an older, experienced team, especially compared to how many newcomers are in our lineup.

I could make that same argument about Bemidji State.

Frankly, I think three wars with BSU (and a little bitter taste and a hard lesson) was fine preparation. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Pecknold has a bad reputation, can anyone refresh us on why? My recollection is whiny post game interviews.

I know he used to say he didn’t need to schedule non conference games against western based teams because the non-ECAC leagues in the east are all the non conference competition they need. 

Must have changed his mind. 

Whats the money line on UND getting the first penalty Friday night?

This is a great scenario for UND to go into early in the season.  A tough road environment where there will be plenty of adversity.  

I think Friday night they have a tough time figuring out what is and isn't allowed in the ECAC, and Saturday they figure it out.

Friday:

The Q  4.  The U 2

Saturday:

The U 3  .  The Q 2

Book it. 

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Pecknold has a bad reputation, can anyone refresh us on why? My recollection is whiny post game interviews.

He got into it with the Cornell head coach a few years back when he called a kid out that got railroaded from behind for faking an injury.  Same kid suffered a broken neck the year before and there was almost a post game rumble in the hand shake line.

Guy just doesn't make friends anywhere.  He was unhappy after the natty for UND playing a physical brand of hockey.  Sam Anos was playing hurt and UND just threw the kitchen sink at the kid.  He should not have been playing. 

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He got into it with the Cornell head coach a few years back when he called a kid out that got railroaded from behind for faking an injury.  Same kid suffered a broken neck the year before and there was almost a post game rumble in the hand shake line.

Guy just doesn't make friends anywhere.  He was unhappy after the natty for UND playing a physical brand of hockey.  Sam Anos was playing hurt and UND just threw the kitchen sink at the kid.  He should not have been playing. 

It’s not like Quinnipiac didn’t play physical too either because they did. I also remember playing them in Fargo regional in 2015 and they were pretty physical in that game too. I think he probably complained about having to play in Fargo instead of Providence that time. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He was unhappy after the natty for UND playing a physical brand of hockey.  Sam Anos was playing hurt and UND just threw the kitchen sink at the kid.  He should not have been playing. 

I remember Stecher plowed into Anas toward the end of the 1st that gave QU the 5x3 that they scored on to give them some hope.
Anas should have never played that game...constantly going back and forth to the bench and the dressing room, then the ice.
Be unhappy that you played the kid, not at the opposing team for playing a physical brand of hockey against him.

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

No kidding.  13 Seniors and 4 Juniors.

The defense must be good; they've got a Chorney - Marcus.

Anyone know if they can stream the ESPN+ feed onto Youtube? I saw that Riese Gaber's mom was asking about viewing options and couldn't get ESPN+ where she is.

I have ESPN+ but am not sure how to do it, and might not be around at game start on Friday. Figured I'd post it here to see if anyone could help so she could watch.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know if they can stream the ESPN+ feed onto Youtube? I saw that Riese Gaber's mom was asking about viewing options and couldn't get ESPN+ where she is.

I have ESPN+ but am not sure how to do it, and might not be around at game start on Friday. Figured I'd post it here to see if anyone could help so she could watch.

Sounds like you can access the ESPN App with YouTube TV

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

The ECAC has a different stream for international viewers that she should be able to purchase and watch. 

18 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

ESPN+ is not available in Canada.  
If you wanted to try to get ESPN+ in Canada you might get around this restriction by using a VPN located in the US.  You would need to also sign up for an ESPN+ account ($7/month).  Your credit card used for the signup might get flagged so you would probably need to signup using PayPal.  No guarantees any of this would work but I think it would.  The biggest problem might be video quality since you have to go thru the VPN host. No idea since I have never tried this  

4 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

ESPN+ is not available in Canada.  
If you wanted to try to get ESPN+ in Canada you might get around this restriction by using a VPN located in the US.  You would need to also sign up for an ESPN+ account ($7/month).  Your credit card used for the signup might get flagged so you would probably need to signup using PayPal.  No guarantees any of this would work but I think it would.  The biggest problem might be video quality since you have to go thru the VPN host. No idea since I have never tried this  

Right, I'm not suggesting that she sign up for ESPN+, but last week someone streamed the Bemidji game over their Youtube channel. Not sure if that is an option again.