SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

The hope is that whoever wins between DU and UMD gets knocked out in the F4.

I always cheer for nchc teams so whoever can potentially win I’m for them. I’ll go DU but would have a tough time with the Dogs. Du plays a fun game to watch. They snuck by Lowell but at least their skill was on full display.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

I am humored by the Omaha fan on Facebook...Bob Gacz or something like that.  Every time someone posts something about "Sioux" on USCHO/CHN/NCAA Hockey/etc Facebook page, he comments and corrects them to Hawks.  Every single comment and post.  Like, that must take hours of his life some days.  That's obsession and it humors me greatly that he's devoted so much of his life to correcting UND fans on FB.  :D 

Speaking of obsession…what’s your take on our own “All Things Fighting Sioux” Facebook fan base so triggered by Hawks shoulder patches that they they will buy an authentic NODAK jersey, rip off said patches, and replace them with ND or Sioux head patches?

And don’t you DARE risk expulsion by uttering the word “Hawks” in a post…

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

St. Cloud fans were really happy last night and reveling in UND’s defeat. Karma cause when it comes to who is better at choking in big games. It is St. Cloud State. 

SCSU had 23 players return from last year's team, 12 were seniors or 5th year players and still finished 18-15-4. Their "unfinished business" after last year's runner-up finish is still unfinished . However they will get to hang another NCAA tournament participation banner next Fall. I still enjoy watching their Ferris State, Air Force and AIC losses on youtube each year about this time.

1 hour ago, UND85 said:

SCSU had 23 players return from last year's team, 12 were seniors or 5th year players and still finished 18-15-4. Their "unfinished business" after last year's runner-up finish is still unfinished . However they will get to hang another NCAA tournament participation banner next Fall. I still enjoy watching their Ferris State, Air Force and AIC losses on youtube each year about this time.

And people wonder why they hate us.  I seem to recall an “unfinished business” video shot by our own team before the start of the 2020-2021 season…or is my mind fuzzy?  And you do recall Chris Kunitz and an inferior Ferris State team beating North Dakota too in the NCAA’s, right?  

I’d prefer to tout UND’s own accomplishments before bagging on other teams’ lack of them.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And people wonder why they hate us.  I seem to recall an “unfinished business” video shot by our own team before the start of the 2020-2021 season…or is my mind fuzzy?

I’d prefer to tout UND’s own accomplishments before bagging on other teams’ lack of them.  

Agree, sometimes you reap what you sow. Maybe UND’s exits are Karma to give some of our fan base a sense of humility.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

And people wonder why they hate us.  I seem to recall an “unfinished business” video shot by our own team before the start of the 2020-2021 season…or is my mind fuzzy?  And you do recall Chris Kunitz and an inferior Ferris State team beating North Dakota too in the NCAA’s, right?  

Why would you bring up Ferris State, Mafia?  That’s just mean.;)

3 hours ago, UND85 said:

I watched Air Force take them out in Sioux Falls and AIC in Fargo. There was an older gal wearing St. Cloud Jersey at both with a sign “WHERE’S UND?”. It was so much fun to watch her team get beat!