SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I have been curious why he left UMD ever since, well, since he left there…

Left two years ago, if I remember correctly, to become pro scout.  Pandemic BS put a damper on the new job, considered retirement but was pulled back to the college game by Pat Ferschweiler.

Not necessarily who I think will win...but here is who I will be cheering for:

UMD vs DU - DU
ND vs MSUM - MSUM
UMN vs WMU - WMU
QU vs UM - QU

Unfortunately that sets up a F4 semifinal between MSUM and WMU, the two remaining teams that I'd like to see win.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UMD vs DU - DU
ND vs MSUM - MSUM
UMN vs WMU - WMU
QU vs UM - QU

Unfortunately that sets up a F4 semifinal between MSUM and WMU, the two remaining teams that I'd like to see win.

I’m with you on all your picks except DU/Duluth. I don’t like Duluth but I just can’t bring myself to pull for DU. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I’m with you on all your picks except DU/Duluth. I don’t like Duluth but I just can’t bring myself to pull for DU. 

Don’t think they are testing for Covid anymore, otherwise I would be tempted to cheer for both teams to have to forfeit. 

Just now, rochsioux said:

Don’t think they are testing for Covid anymore, otherwise I would be tempted to cheer for both teams to have to forfeit. 

Ha Ha. 

I’ll be heading back up to Loveland tomorrow for the game. Debating wearing any CC gear as I don’t know if I want to expose myself to any sh*t talk from Pios fans, although the ones I talked to yesterday were all pretty cool. 

I started tracking the various team jerseys/hoodies I saw in Loveland yesterday (I do this too at metal concerts-track how many different metal band T shirts I can see in the crowd):  Wisconsin, RIT, Arizona State, CC, UND, St. Cloud, UMass Lowell, Duluth, DU, Tech, Western, Air Force, Clarkson, Miami, Bowling Green, RPI, Northern Michigan, and Mighty Ducks (my wife made me include the guy in the Mighty Ducks jersey in my list). 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

UMD vs DU - DU
ND vs MSUM - MSUM
UMN vs WMU - WMU
QU vs UM - QU

No way I can cheer for DU.  Can't see them get #9 before UND does.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

St. Cloud fans were really happy last night and reveling in UND’s defeat. Karma cause when it comes to who is better at choking in big games. It is St. Cloud State. 

Saw a tweet from a Duluth fan reveling in UND’s loss too. Something about UND losing is as sweet as UMD winning. 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

UMD vs DU - DU
ND vs MSUM - MSUM
UMN vs WMU - WMU
QU vs UM - QU

-Go Pios.  Picked Duluth. 

-Picked Kato, but either doesn't hurt.

-Western, but I don't hate Minnesota as badly now.

-Michigan only because I picked them. 

34 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

St. Cloud fans were really happy last night and reveling in UND’s defeat. Karma cause when it comes to who is better at choking in big games. It is St. Cloud State. 

I'd say we've got to be the most hated fanbase in college hockey.  Its actually kind of funny to see all the stuff on social media.  Someone actually created a Twitter handle solely for the purpose of tweeting out the "Nope" with the Hawk logo every time any UND team loses.  :lol:

UND is living rent free in the heads of the Mavpuck/running with the dogs/huskies wooooo......etc.  

We have plenty of stupid fans that do stupid things, but what fanbase doesn't? 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Saw a tweet from a Duluth fan reveling in UND’s loss too. Something about UND losing is as sweet as UMD winning. 

Omaha fans really enjoy it.

I go for all the NCHC out of conference, and they disappoint me from time to time. 

49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd say we've got to be the most hated fanbase in college hockey.  Its actually kind of funny to see all the stuff on social media.  Someone actually created a Twitter handle solely for the purpose of tweeting out the "Nope" with the Hawk logo every time any UND team loses.  :lol:

I am humored by the Omaha fan on Facebook...Bob Gacz or something like that.  Every time someone posts something about "Sioux" on USCHO/CHN/NCAA Hockey/etc Facebook page, he comments and corrects them to Hawks.  Every single comment and post.  Like, that must take hours of his life some days.  That's obsession and it humors me greatly that he's devoted so much of his life to correcting UND fans on FB.  :D