SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS @ PENGUINS

Midwestern Hawk

Hopefully the staff and team have done a better job getting over last Saturday than we have.  Huge game this week in Youngstown.  New staff coming off their first win.  We HAVE to be able to control the ball and get first downs.

https://undfootball360.com/news/undfb360-pregame-show-spring-week-6-vs-youngstown-state/

• Upvote 2

Have we game planned at all for them running the ball directly at us? :lol:

Contenders or pretenders?  We will find a lot out based on Saturday's performance.  On a side note I'll miss being able to hear Bo Pelini scream from the sideline.

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

COVID is such a bunch of baloney.  I understand the threat to really old or really sick, but 20 year olds?

Are they still promoting at UND the allure of winning a Deeks pizza and 10 days of quarantine to anyone who is asymptomatic but tests positive?

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

COVID is such a bunch of baloney.  I understand the threat to really old or really sick, but 20 year olds?

I absolutely can not comment professionally.... death rate of less than 1% in college age students....overall 2%.
think PPP... politicians pleasing people!

At least the Dakotas have it together... MN has a bill introduced in the House to let MN counties vote on joining SD. I mean, MN had a LOTTERY. to get vaccines.

I guess we take the week to heal up and train, darn!

7 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I absolutely can not comment professionally.... death rate of less than 1% in college age students....overall 2%.
think PPP... politicians pleasing people!

At least the Dakotas have it together... MN has a bill introduced in the House to let MN counties vote on joining SD. I mean, MN had a LOTTERY. to get vaccines.

I guess we take the week to heal up and train, darn!

Would love to read about who the folks under 50 who were died in MN.  Likely would have died anyways. https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html#ageg1

Under 50 in MN the death rate is .04 %.  

151 people under 50 died WITH covid in MN

234 people under 50 died FROM car accidents in MN in 2020.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I think this does help us some

dont let this become another thread hijacked by COVID discussion 

Agreed. It doesn't matter your thoughts on covid, the rules were set before the season, not gonna change in the middle of the season.

At least this will give us some time to lick our wounds and heal up before playing.  I doubt there's any confidence issues with the team, but playing at home after a loss is always a nice way to help get back on track.  Let's heal up, shift focus to MO St, and get ready to make the Alerus Center nice and loud on April 3rd.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SkoHawks said:

Agreed. It doesn't matter your thoughts on covid, the rules were set before the season, not gonna change in the middle of the season.

At least this will give us some time to lick our wounds and heal up before playing.  I doubt there's any confidence issues with the team, but playing at home after a loss is always a nice way to help get back on track.  Let's heal up, shift focus to MO St, and get ready to make the Alerus Center nice and loud on April 3rd.

If we couldn’t travel today, is there any chance we play next week?