SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

50 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Has the AD been testing for COVID regularly? Did they just start testing regularly after "omnicron"? Or are they testing at all ? Seems odd there has been no disruptions in athletics until this week

My guess is that (and I am making said guess because I have no insight) they have been keeping up the regular testing.

The unfortunate problem for the mens team right now was that they have 8 available players currently because 3 are injured, 1 left the team, and 1 they are redshirting.  It could certainly have been possible that it was only 1 or 2 players that tested positive, but that was enough given the circumstances.*

*Again, this sentence is pure speculation and have no inside information, but the UND MBB team was already walking a tightrope only have 8 guys available as of right now.  If UND was fully healthy or if the injured players were the ones who caught it, they might be playing still. 

The sucky thing is that it cost UND 2 home games against the South Dakota school and a very winnable one against USD. 

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

My guess is that (and I am making said guess because I have no insight) they have been keeping up the regular testing.

The unfortunate problem for the mens team right now was that they have 8 available players currently because 3 are injured, 1 left the team, and 1 they are redshirting.  It could certainly have been possible that it was only 1 or 2 players that tested positive, but that was enough given the circumstances.*

*Again, this sentence is pure speculation and have no inside information, but the UND MBB team was already walking a tightrope only have 8 guys available as of right now.  If UND was fully healthy or if the injured players were the ones who caught it, they might be playing still. 

The sucky thing is that it cost UND 2 home games against the South Dakota school and a very winnable one against USD. 

Yes I did see they had issues with injuries as well, so it may seem worse than it really is but the fact of the point is canceling games is not good 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Who besides Nero and Sueker are injured?