SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Allow me to state this once, simply, clearly: 

Bringing a spat or disagreement from another site to this site is not acceptable.
It will be considered thread hijacking per the forum guidelines and will have consequences. 

My apologies for not being here to cap things like this off earlier. 

On 4/11/2020 at 11:06 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me to state this once, simply, clearly: 

Bringing a spat or disagreement from another site to this site is not acceptable.
It will be considered thread hijacking per the forum guidelines and will have consequences. 

My apologies for not being here to cap things like this off earlier. 

????

Must be in reference to the FB stuff.

Sioux-jersey.com....

bt64a720l0yz.jpg

I originally built the site for some friends and myself.  We were struggling with a way of organizing all the jersey info that we wanted to be able to quickly recall.  The site in its state that it was in wasn't too terrible to manage.  I had already put in most of the hard work of creating so much content for it after spending hours and hours researching.  Most of the actual work was done by me in the end I suppose, but I had a lot of help along the way as well...particularly from a good friend of mine (hey Tim!) who made it fun and kept me going.  The site would never have gotten that far without him and definitely many others as well.

There were two reasons it got deleted...neither of which were because I didn't want a site.  I really wanted to keep it going.  The first reason I deleted it was I wanted to make it better.  I have pretty high standards for projects like that, and I felt it was in need of a makeover with more content.  The vision was ultimately an entire history of Sioux hockey, not just jersey-related.  The second big reason I deleted it was because the site was built using Flash.  It was great to get the site off the ground, but was limited in its future.  Apple was dropping support for all flash websites, and flash has slowly been dying, or is dead already.  I was ready to rebuild in HTML5 and integrate all the cool new information that I wanted to incorporate to flesh out the idea of making it all-encompassing Fighting Sioux hockey history.  But, I was struggling to really get motivated to do it.  One day, in hopes of inspiring me to rebuild, I just decided to delete it.  That was that.  I may have tinkered for a bit to get it going again the way I wanted, but ultimately ran out of desire.  

In the end, things like family, career, and getting burnt out of Sioux hockey jerseys all are some reasons I haven't gone back.  Despite all the people who fondly remember the site, I remember seeing the analytics, and outside of the tournament held to determine the best Sioux jersey of all-time, the views didn't justify the work (the site never had an ad and I never made a penny from it....I covered all expenses from day 1).  Then, in the end, having done so much work recreating old logos and artwork, only to have it end up on mass-produced, counterfeit, Chinese junk, I really don't think you'll see it again.

I'll always look back on the project fondly.  I learned a lot, made a lot of fun friends, and had some great opportunities like working endlessly on the REA Jersey Hall for virtually no pay.  I still have [almost] all of the content from the website saved, so never say never!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Big A HG said:

Sioux-jersey.com....

bt64a720l0yz.jpg

I originally built the site for some friends and myself.  We were struggling with a way of organizing all the jersey info that we wanted to be able to quickly recall.  The site in its state that it was in wasn't too terrible to manage.  I had already put in most of the hard work of creating so much content for it after spending hours and hours researching.  Most of the actual work was done by me in the end I suppose, but I had a lot of help along the way as well...particularly from a good friend of mine (hey Tim!) who made it fun and kept me going.  The site would never have gotten that far without him and definitely many others as well.

There were two reasons it got deleted...neither of which were because I didn't want a site.  I really wanted to keep it going.  The first reason I deleted it was I wanted to make it better.  I have pretty high standards for projects like that, and I felt it was in need of a makeover with more content.  The vision was ultimately an entire history of Sioux hockey, not just jersey-related.  The second big reason I deleted it was because the site was built using Flash.  It was great to get the site off the ground, but was limited in its future.  Apple was dropping support for all flash websites, and flash has slowly been dying, or is dead already.  I was ready to rebuild in HTML5 and integrate all the cool new information that I wanted to incorporate to flesh out the idea of making it all-encompassing Fighting Sioux hockey history.  But, I was struggling to really get motivated to do it.  One day, in hopes of inspiring me to rebuild, I just decided to delete it.  That was that.  I may have tinkered for a bit to get it going again the way I wanted, but ultimately ran out of desire.  

In the end, things like family, career, and getting burnt out of Sioux hockey jerseys all are some reasons I haven't gone back.  Despite all the people who fondly remember the site, I remember seeing the analytics, and outside of the tournament held to determine the best Sioux jersey of all-time, the views didn't justify the work (the site never had an ad and I never made a penny from it....I covered all expenses from day 1).  Then, in the end, having done so much work recreating old logos and artwork, only to have it end up on mass-produced, counterfeit, Chinese junk, I really don't think you'll see it again.

I'll always look back on the project fondly.  I learned a lot, made a lot of fun friends, and had some great opportunities like working endlessly on the REA Jersey Hall for virtually no pay.  I still have [almost] all of the content from the website saved, so never say never!

Golf claps!!! 

So I’m going to finally customize my two black Reebok Sioux era jerseys...with the WCHA patch on the butt, not the left chest.  Any nominations for numbers and names for the back?  I’d like #5 and GENOWAY, but hate having a C on the front of the jersey.  Any jersey aficionados want to help me out? 

37 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So I’m going to finally customize my two black Reebok Sioux era jerseys...with the WCHA patch on the butt, not the left chest.  Any nominations for numbers and names for the back?  I’d like #5 and GENOWAY, but hate having a C on the front of the jersey.  Any jersey aficionados want to help me out? 

Ben Blood.

Jason Gregoire.

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Those two are high on the list.

When did they switch over to that Reebok set?  Thinking maybe a sophomore GENOWAY could help me avoid the C patch.  

I think he was Captain the first year of the Reebok jerseys, (green numbers).

37 minutes ago, planetearth said:

This is just an general Jersey question:  For those of you who dabble more than myself, what brand/websites are best to purchase from for new college/pro hockey jerseys? 

Thanks

For pro, shop.nhl.com would be the safest place to ensure authenticity.  Each team typically has a team store with both physical and online stores.  You might find some occasional bargains at major retailers, who are generally going to be stocking legit stuff, but don't expect to see significant markdowns for current jerseys.

You'll be rolling the dice with online sellers such as eBay and Amazon.  If it's really cheap, and seems too good to be true, it's probably counterfeit.

For college, you can visit each school's bookstore online (as well as athletic departments that have separate pages), but beware that D1 hockey is not as big of a deal in most places as it is at UND, so some items will be hard to find/non-existent.  Conference home pages will also have shopping links in many cases.

41 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

For pro, shop.nhl.com would be the safest place to ensure authenticity.  Each team typically has a team store with both physical and online stores.  You might find some occasional bargains at major retailers, who are generally going to be stocking legit stuff, but don't expect to see significant markdowns for current jerseys.

You'll be rolling the dice with online sellers such as eBay and Amazon.  If it's really cheap, and seems too good to be true, it's probably counterfeit.

For college, you can visit each school's bookstore online (as well as athletic departments that have separate pages), but beware that D1 hockey is not as big of a deal in most places as it is at UND, so some items will be hard to find/non-existent.  Conference home pages will also have shopping links in many cases.

Thanks. 

Opinions on Reebok Premier vs Fanatics Breakaway vs K1s? Any other brands I’m missing?  I prefer the embroidered vs paint versions. 

10 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I think 2009-2010 was the first year of the Reebok jersey.

They did also wear them in 2010-2011.

Yes, 2011 I remember, unfortunately.  In 2011-2012, they went with the black numbers on the white jerseys and white numbers on the black jerseys.

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Brock Nelson is what’s going on my green. Evan Trupp on my white due to #19. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 11:04 AM, MafiaMan said:

I am in the same boat now. Have Nelson slayed for one but the other? Haven’t decided. Did Rocco Grimaldi only wear chest WCHA patch? 

Anyone know? I can’t find a photo of butt patch Grimaldi. I think I’m skunked. 

12 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I am in the same boat now. Have Nelson slayed for one but the other? Haven’t decided. 

Nelson’s memorable year was 2011-2012 (sophomore season) with the WCHA on the chest. 

May I suggest Chris VandeVelde?  

13 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Did Rocco Grimaldi only wear chest WCHA patch? 

Anyone know? I can’t find a photo of butt patch Grimaldi. I think I’m skunked. 

Grimaldi came after the butt patch.  Don’t forget, those glorious green numbers on the white and black jerseys also went away after the 2010-2011 season in favor of black numbers on the white jerseys and white numbers on the black jerseys.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Jerseys
  • The Sicatoka locked and unlocked this topic