SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

Direct shot to Pettersen's head in a vulnerable spot that knocks his helmet off, and the guy finished the game.  

Chrona gets hit in the shoulder and braced himself and he ends up with a concussion? 

The precedent has been set.  Thats a game suspension. 

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

Texted Spooner as I’ve coached in the past and he said dislocated thumb and x rays tomorrow. Thinks he will be fine. Could of been a hell of a lot worse 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Texted Spooner as I’ve coached in the past and he said dislocated thumb and x rays tomorrow. Thinks he will be fine. Could of been a hell of a lot worse 

Glad that was a 3 gamer.  How does Spooner not end up at UND?  Do you know if we recruited him at all? 

12 hours ago, sioux rube said:

It was such a weird way for that game to end. Admittedly, the mavs dominated the entire weekend, so frustration had to be running high. It was a relatively clean game before that. There was a cfb on the mavs before that that was a big player turning at the last second and the msu player hitting him. Not malicious, but one that has to be called. Not even much pushing and shoving after the whistle prior to this. 

The mavs looked extremely good. I actually said at one point that they looked as good or better than last years team. Granted, a stud goalie like mckay can make the whole team look better. I hope that kid gets some real end of year accolades this year rather than being beat out by someone just because he faces more shots.

• Upvote 3

On 2/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

Bulldog fans are the biggest hypocrites. No surprise. If that was a UND player and the goalie was Fanti you know they’d be bitching and moaning about it on Twitter. Their special fan would be tweeting at the NCHC about how dirty it was. :silly:

So did the NCHC announce a suspension yet?  Or will Bulldog superfan be giving out the punishment?

20 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So did the NCHC announce a suspension yet?  Or will Bulldog superfan be giving out the punishment?

I'm sure any minute.  Heck, direct contact to the head of a goalie in the crease, in the third period.  We know how that turns out right?  

Any minute......yep.  Any time now....

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm sure any minute.  Heck, direct contact to the head of a goalie in the crease, in the third period.  We know how that turns out right?  

Any minute......yep.  Any time now....

So that goofball got off scot free?

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So that goofball got off scott free?

I'm going to need an explanation from the NCHC on how Mismash gets a game after his play where he didn't touch the head of the goalie, and the Duluth guy who went straight into the crease with the puck on his stick and knees the goalie in the head knocking his helmet off.

Its good to be Duluth.  With the riches come the spoils I guess.  When you're the defending champ the conference treats you well.  

• Upvote 1