SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Denver beats Omaha 3-1

Aside from the referees inconsistency, Omaha was missing one from each of lines 2, 3 and 4. Their offense looked out of sync and they didn’t mount much of an offense. Agree with the weird schedule in the pod, some teams get an easy sled in the back half.

it’s been noted that after playing UND, both CC and UNO have had Covid issues. Do we have an asymptotic carrier?!

7 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Aside from the referees inconsistency, Omaha was missing one from each of lines 2, 3 and 4. Their offense looked out of sync and they didn’t mount much of an offense. Agree with the weird schedule in the pod, some teams get an easy sled in the back half.

it’s been noted that after playing UND, both CC and UNO have had Covid issues. Do we have an asymptotic carrier?!

They're tested regularly.

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

Same type of hit Denver did, but the Denver laid on the ice acted hurt. 

In watching that, I didn't think that was a major penalty. Maybe they had a better angle in the penalty box the TV didn't have. It didn't look like it was a head shot. It looked like a shoulder to chest hit. The DU broadcast on NCHC.TV show the hit in question multiple times. I also thought the DU player sold it. 

30 minutes ago, Goon said:

In watching that, I didn't think that was a major penalty. Maybe they had a better angle in the penalty box the TV didn't have. It didn't look like it was a head shot. It looked like a shoulder to chest hit. The DU broadcast on NCHC.TV show the hit in question multiple times. I also thought the DU player sold it. 

I wasn’t sure it was a penalty at all, same with the play on Conley. Both were missed hits in my book. Now TWO hits on Kothenbuetel were high, with gloves contacting the head. One was reviewed with no call, other than interference (with the puck carrier!), the other was no call at all...

Is the end of season near?  Will all the teams end up with same number of games played?  Last night a talking head was showing points and I could help but think they should also show the winning percentage formula route.

Speaking of talking heads last night....   Heard on Fox Sport broadcast of MN/WSC game.....   ...  "spread his legs and lean on his big stick"....      bet some beer his a few screens

These Duluth announcers: Miami goalie ran over "its a hockey move", "the goalie came out of the crease" (goalie was in the crease the whole time).

Miami goalie looses his helmet on contact.

Should be a 5, but the Duluth announcers don't see why it would be more then a 2